forced in car view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forced in car view?

What do you think it would be like if you had forced in car view?

it only makes sense to have it because thats how it should be. After all your meant to be seeing through the eyes of the player not floating behind them.

Unless you had some technology which exists outside of our visible and physical spectrum and can float behind and above the vehicles and then send the image onto your visor, it doesnt really make sense.

However for gameplay we have out car view which is better as we all know.

I was just curious to what u would think if in car view was forced?

The reason for 3rd person over 1st In-car is playability over graphics, and vice versa: I'd much prefer to have a 360 view in my Hellbender than the muddy windshield anyday without having to press F4, and I'd much rather be looking at my Manta than the ****e no-cockpit rubbish. That's what I also hate in racing games, no cockpits :sour: :down:. Whilst this'd be interesting, it'd generally make the game less entertaining. Plus, who says we're looking through the character's eyes, exactly? The UT world is spectated by people all over the universe, so it could be a cloaked hovercam or somethng.

Comment

Have you tried driving the UT2004 vehicles in 1st person? It's not easy.

Comment

noone said life was easy.

i wonder maybe they will include a server option to allow this. Not that i really care tho. It makes little difference.

Comment

It's a known fact that driving vehicles is easier from a 3rd person perspective.

>>>>noone said life was easy.

This isn't life, it's a friggin game. It's supposed to have comfortable camera angles, and controls

Comment

Originally posted by TheRiv
            noone said life was easy.
            The quick answer: It's not life, it's a game

The slightly slower answer, but possibly capable of more damage and higher accuracy: The idea is to make 2K4 a fun game, which is easier by making it more accesable and easier to pick up and play, so to speak.

Edit: Bah to you, Lengis! How dare you post this before me!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRiv
              noone said life was easy...
              Driving a real vehicle in 1st person: easy
              Driving a UT2004 vehicle in 1st person: hard

I therefore conclude that driving in 1st person in the game is not a life-like experience.

Comment

im just making a conversation. I am not implying that one method is better than the other.

ah but...

the game exists in your house on your computer in your life which you purchased.

If a part of the game is harder to play that would then make a very insignificant part of your life harder. And there i say "noone said life was easy".

get out of that one without moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil
                  Driving a real vehicle in 1st person: easy
                  Driving a UT2004 vehicle in 1st person: hard
                  Corretc me if I'm wrong, but aiming with turrets whilst driving would be almost impossible (for '1 player controls all' vehicles) if you have a cockpit view, as you can't see where you are aiming. Since real life vehicles don't normally have plasma turrets on them, this would probably be the reason for the difference

I haven't actually played with in-cockpit view on, as I think it blocks out too much of your view. Also, it means you can't see your Daredevils I tried in-cockpit once, and went straight back to 3rd person.

Comment

Um... Er... *Attempts to distract from the point* What happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object? *Flees from scene*

Comment

What it is is , that , in car views dont work very well in the virtual world because you cant turn your eyes/head around and see whats going on and what you are doing like when driving anything for real . Using in car view is like being a blinkered horse , the only thing you see is ahead which would be very difficult in real driving as you wouldnt have much spacial awareness to judge the outcome of your actions .

Blah and things like that . . .

Log

Comment

Your eyes also have a greater FOV that the game so you can see better in real life. Your eyes are structured this way, as they are spherical and half-outside your skull. Of course you can adjust your FOV settings in game, except it still has to display that on a flat square screen, and thus you get a hard-to-see fisheye image.

Just another reason why I don't agree with 1st person veichles.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathboy9000
                          The quick answer: It's not life, it's a game
                          Exactly. That's the the whole point of "Unreal." Fun gameplay over realism.

But, yeah, I think I get the point that the threadstarter was trying to make. By forcing 1st person vehicles, it increase the importance of footsoldiers and reduce those annoying Manta sweeps.

I still agree with everyone that 3rd person vehicles is much more fun and playable, though.

Comment

I think it would be an interesting idea, but not everyone has a multi-monitor set-up. The reason I say multi-monitor is that when you drive a car in real life your view isn't restricted to just the front windshield directly in front of you. Unless you're planning on just racing it's quite difficult to operate a car without being able to see a good chunk of central vision as well as some peripheral vision (plus you can turn your head in real life and see behind you). A single monitor does not give you a good field of vision for doing this and thus operating solely in-car would require you to move your head a lot as to see even half of what you'd see in a real car by just looking straight ahead.

[edit] I see that many have covered this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathboy9000
                              Um... Er... *Attempts to distract from the point* What happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object? *Flees from scene*
                              Knight Rider! first meet with Kaar! I loved this episode

Comment

Working...
                              X