Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish some Peoples Could think about 56k(ers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish some Peoples Could think about 56k(ers)

i have a 56k and with this cheap connection i Can NOT host a server. and i can't join thoses server with 7/16 - 0/16 - 0/32 players

what i need is 0/4 - 4/4 - 0/4

small servers.....

my connetcion is one of thoses that are 3-4kbs

I wish i could have cable iv beend conected to the net for over 5 years and for 5 years i wish i COULD have cable or at least DSL...

no cable line on my road and my phn lines are tooo OLD to have DSL...... really sucks.... Are there any people out there thinking about people like me.. Meaning are hosting small games with less High max player count??

Why would I think about you? Are 56k owners particularly sexy or something? :bulb:

Comment

If it is affecting you move to a place where dsl or cable is available, dont expect people to change for you, you must keep up with modern technology or risk been left behind, my parents use to pay £48 for DSL when it was released in uk, today its just £20 , after two year, my guess is in a phew years time if will be free with some sort of TV sevice included.

theres no going back, peole think DSL 500Kb is too slow.

My ping is nomally under 50 for european servers, and 80 for us servers.

i do tweak my tcp settings too, theres a tool that controll bandwith on a specific port, try it.

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
        Why would I think about you? Are 56k owners particularly sexy or something? :bulb:
        lol by making some server that are max 4-5 players i cant play in a 16 player game without it laggin like hell and me not being ale to do anything

Comment

Originally posted by d(^_^)b
          If it is affecting you move to a place where dsl or cable is available, dont expect people to change for you, you must keep up with modern technology or risk been left behind, my parents use to pay £48 for DSL when it was released in uk, today its just £20 , after two year, my guess is in a phew years time if will be free with some sort of TV sevice included.

theres no going back, peole think DSL 500Kb is too slow.

My ping is nomally under 50 for european servers, and 80 for us servers.

i do tweak my tcp settings too, theres a tool that controll bandwith on a specific port, try it.
          when your not old enouft to tell your parent to move or do not have the money to move cause your in scool (collage/university) all we can do is wish some nice people would Host some small server for us that are on 56k... i will be moving some day and Hell yeah im making sure my new appartement/house has cable not DSL! im going for cable!!!! hehehe but for now i wait and wish... :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by StiGMaT
            whne your not old enouft to tell you parent to moce or not have the money to move cause you in scool (collage university) all we can do is wish some nice people would Host some small server for us on 56k... i will be moving and Hell yeah im making sure my appartement/house has cable not DSL im going for cable!!!! hehehe but for now i wait and wish... :cry:
            Your in college? How did you ever get past grade school with grammor and spelling like yours? I could barely read your post. Man our future is screwed. Our college people are dumber than a box of chocalate.

Comment

Originally posted by =DI=MeatSaw=DI=
              Your in college? How did you ever get past grade school with grammor and spelling like yours? I could barely read your post. Man our future is screwed. Our college people are dumber than a box of chocalate.
              lol your mean lo.l i write better than i type that for 1. for 2 im at work and im not suppose to be here so i do some very fast typing...... call center can only post between calls so i do it fast before i get a new call

Comment

The man has a nice avatar. give him some credit.

Comment

****'s wronng wtih hiz speling?

I lern to spel goood in Kanadian skool

[TST]

Comment

get DSL... problem solved

Comment

I think a lot about 56kers, especially when they lag and become difficult to hit.

Comment

Re: I wish some Peoples Could think about 56k(ers)

Originally posted by KriLL3
                        Originally posted by StiGMaT
                        no cable line on my road and my phn lines are tooo OLD to have DSL...... really sucks.... Are there any peopel out there think about people like me..??

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                          you didnt read my full post did you....

phn lines are too old... :cry:

Comment

Not just no, but HELL NO! What, do you want people to do? Stand still so you can get a few frags to compensate? I've only had ADSL for about 6 months, and before I did, I just had to make do with what was available, sure it sucks, but if it aint available, either move, or stop whinging.

On a side note, make friends, hold LAN parties, that should make up for it!

Comment

phone lines cant be to old to have DSL... the devices linking em togetther with the city wide cabel harness could be to old though...

The phone wires my DSL is using is from early 1950's... (not last 30 m though)

Comment

Working...
                              X