Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic/Atari, dont make another UT* pleaseeee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flashbeast
    no that's wrong! officially there've never been an engine called unreal warfare.
    once upon there was a tech-demo. there wasn't clear that a sport-game's alike series would be the future of unreal tournament. rumours about unreal warfare, the successor of ut got loud. but then epic announced ut2. later (i think in spring '02) they revealed us the thing about a yearly series. the engine was in all the time never called unreal warfare, merely the media (game magazines...) called it unreal warfare. officialy it's only unral engine #2. i hope you can sleep better from now on

p.s.: iirc unreal warfare should have been a class-based shooter like team fortress. and there are fragments in my brain which say (wish?) that it should become a game with a persistant and a battle.net-like playground...*sigh*

p.p.s.: no i've no sources, not to mention an official statement to proof that. just my memories :weird:
    i dont know where you got your info from but i remeber hearing interviews with epic staff and they even mentioned unreal warfare as the name of the engine

Comment

Originally posted by Tkmaster
      i dont know where you got your info from but i remeber hearing interviews with epic staff and they even mentioned unreal warfare as the name of the engine
      it was a german game magazine, the most popular i suggest. many think that it's not the best one, but they don't write lies.

means: epic NOW calls the engine "unreal engine", so they keep up the name unreal warfare i suggest. and i remember that an epic guy said that they never called it unreal warfare - wer's glaubt wird selig (sorry, i can't translate it; perhaps "who believes ist would be blessed" :bulb: )

means ( ): it doesn't matter. there is an engine which powers the unreal (tournament) series and lots of other games, and rumors about a coming shooter called "unreal warfare" which lays in far future.

perhaps a member of epic could make tabula raza with that (dr.sin? )

*edit: ok, here is what i've found so far:

"Randnotiz: Das Engine-Grundgerüst von Epic hieß und heißt schlicht Unreal Engine. Warfare ist keine Engine-Bezeichnung" (source 1)
      Engine: Unreal Engine
      Warfare: no engine name

---
      PC Gamer:
      "As well as further updates to Unreal Tournament, [Mark] Rein confirmed that the much-rumoured Unreal Warfare does exist, although he refused to reveal exactly what form it will take. Tanks will be involved. Possibly. Maybe.

Furthermore, Rein said that Epic are commencing work on a new project that "isn't related to Unreal, but is, kinda."
      (sorry, no source; around october 7th last year @ planetunreal.com)

---
      CliffyB: "Oh, yeah, that's from our GDC techdemo that came out a while ago. No, that's not Unreal Warfare."
      by game magazine "Maximum PC" (~November 29th, found @ unrealops.com)

Comment

Working...
      X