Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs in UT2004, and when are stats coming back

Does anybody have a solution?

After 10-15min of playing UT2004 ONS online, my weapons dissapear, they are still on the screen and I can scroll through them but the bullets etc are gone. No bullets, no kill.
    This happens about 1 in 7 games, mostly Primal and snow map.
    The only way to fix the problem is to disconnect, reconnect.

Rusulting in loss of score....dammit.

Also, does anybody now when stats will be turned back on?

Violent.

On ONS-crossife if you flip a helbender it will often 'drive upside down'

Comment

im pretty sure theyre working to get the stats back up asap.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
        On ONS-crossife if you flip a helbender it will often 'drive upside down'
        I saw this tonight. Wierd

Comment

Re: Bugs in UT2004, and when are stats coming back

Originally posted by VIOLENT RUMBLE

After 10-15min of playing UT2004 ONS online, my weapons dissapear, they are still on the screen and I can scroll through them but the bullets etc are gone. No bullets, no kill.

Rusulting in loss of score....dammit.

Also, does anybody now when stats will be turned back on?

Violent.
          I noticed this in a manta yesterday. I'd been playing for three hours. You could hear the sound, but no plasma. I figured I'd finally pushed my memory over the edge.

Comment

When did they shut down the stats anyways?

Comment

stats

Originally posted by Saze
              When did they shut down the stats anyways?

My last recorded match was March 24.
              It was released in Australia March 19-20.

With no stats, we can`t climb the ladder. Are we better off playing single player?

Comment

Who cares about stats.. Theres like a ton of people who have over a million in score.

Well as long as you captured a good frag while recording a demo/movie, that would be impressive.

Comment

Re: Bugs in UT2004, and when are stats coming back

Originally posted by VIOLENT RUMBLE

No.. But I have experienced the same problem... =/

Has anyone ever 're-charged' any of the Assault objectives?

Last night I was defending on Glacier at the first point the attackers need to goto after getting the ION tank and blasting the doors.
                  The attackers had got the objective so close to finishing they could have farted on it to complete it.

I was defending with the shock rifle and after killing a few people with the shock combo, the objective 'charged' back up to its original state.

Has anyone else seen this?

Comment

How do stats work? In UT, I've only played UT2004 online. Never UT03 or UT99.

Comment

Originally posted by
                      How do stats work? In UT, I've only played UT2004 online. Never UT03 or UT99.
                      Well, it works pretty simple. First you have to wait eight months until they are up, then you just visit a URL.

Comment

DrSiN said that they were experiencing heavier than expected volumes of data to the master server and this is the reason that stats were being turned off temporarily. I personally love to have the stats handy, but if turning them off for awhile makes the master server get fixed up like it needs to be, then so be it. As far as what you are talking about with weapons/vehicles not shooting anything but you still hearing them, this is all simple...lag. Although it may seem like a frequent interval (every 1-7 games or so), it really is just a matter of how much BW the server you are playing on can accomodate, how many individual servers are connecting and relaying data between themselves and the master server, and how fast the peers that are connected in your game are. If someone is lagging hardcore (maybe not the host), then regardless it will cause packets to get shifted more slowly and thus cause your bullets to not fire and hit until seconds after you hear the sound. Know what I mean? It sucks at times when like you run right behind a guy and blast his *** with a rocket or two, or three, or four, and he just keeps on running along. Then you die from his assault rifle and about a minute later you see on your screen that you finally killed the guy. It drives me nuts, but you have to allow for these sorts of things with anything that is taking place online. There are so many factors to consider that you can't get too upset over one or two little "drawbacks"...

Comment

Very nice signature quote, DJ_PsYkiK. Had this in my sig a couple days ago:

I'm Jack's ego, I make Jack act like a jackass.

Go Fight Club :up:

Comment

dunno what the big deal about stats are :/

if ur in the UK then play exclusivy on Jolt.co.uk servers
                            they harvest their own stats ad have their own stats server

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DJ_PsYkiK
                              [B]. As far as what you are talking about with weapons/vehicles not shooting anything but you still hearing them, this is all simple...lag.

I also thought it was lag, but why is it sorted after disconnecting,reconnecting to the room? As if there was no problem.

Another problem I have had is hard to explain....it`s like everything happens twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X