The bot setting that is most like online play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bot setting that is most like online play

I'm going to be having 56k for a couple of months. I know it'd be hard to play well with it, so I'll be playing on bots.

Which bot setting is the closet to online play (overall)?

well I would say the majority of people playing UT2K4 are fairly new. Another large percentage are people who have owned 2K3 as well and are "ok" at the game. I would say that "above average" and "very good" players do not make up much of the 2K4 player base at all. So, overall I would say Average.

Comment

personally i play masterful offline. It can be very challenging, depends on the maps, my mood at the moment , but it can help improve ure game. For something closer to online then maybe Adept would be best, then try ramping up the difficulty whenever u feel comfortable.

Comment

They are truly Doglike !
        Everytime it's different imo. Sometimes i get owned by half of the players, sometimes i 'll rank 1st or second. I play the bots on masterful mostly, so i'd recommend to play masterful/adept bots

Comment

Actually they really should allow for a mixed AI setting in Instant Action as to emulate mixed skill levels on a team (usually you won't find whole team of people who are Godlike or even Masterful or Adept).

Comment

The thing to do is to set up a bot roster at Adept and then play with the AI settings for each bot. In general tone down the accuracy a bit and tone up the agility. I used to p;lay 1v1 with a guy, and I made a bot that played almost exactly like him. I called it his stunt double.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roboto
              Actually they really should allow for a mixed AI setting in Instant Action as to emulate mixed skill levels on a team (usually you won't find whole team of people who are Godlike or even Masterful or Adept).
              Good point there. Even Q***e 3 Arena had that feature iirc

[edit] no I'm talking outta my *** I just checked [/edit]

Still would be a welcome addition at least in custom bot setup or something.

Comment

I have auto turned on. And it usually is bumped up to Masterful. Although I was too ****** to look the other day, I'm pretty sure it bumped me up to Godlike because I played this ONS game, and it was impossible for me to win. I was able to salvage one game for a 1-3 loss. My score was so **** high, like 300+ and the bot below me only had 80. Same on the reverse team, their top bot had like 130. So I think this needs to be changed. Its impossible to play ONS on godlike. Its a team game that needs bots to charge nodes and link up. If the freakin bots won't work together how are new players ever going to learn how to play?

Comment

Adept

Comment

Masterfull right now but the jump from adept to masterfull is ridiculous I owned the bots in deathmatch on adept like 25 kills 10 deaths then they owned me the first time I turned it up now its still close but I'm not playing enough

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                      well I would say the majority of people playing UT2K4 are fairly new. Another large percentage are people who have owned 2K3 as well and are "ok" at the game. I would say that "above average" and "very good" players do not make up much of the 2K4 player base at all. So, overall I would say Average.
                      lol, when was the last time you played average, they stand around and wait for you to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Multani
                        lol, when was the last time you played average, they stand around and wait for you to kill them.
                        I have never played a bot, but I would assume they could aim a lot better then most of the players I see on public servers.

Comment

Bots are predictable which way they will jump
                          Humans just run straight at you

Comment

humans run all over the place. bots are "only" limited by their code hehe

Comment

I think it depends on if you play reg weapons or instagib. With regs I like adept/masterful. But with IG there's really no good setting it seems. I'd say accuracy on IG online is around experienced for the most part, but movement and dodging is much higher, masterful/inhuman/godlike. With IG on inhuman/godlike you hardly have time to spawn sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X