Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SamuraiZombie
    The bots are usually pretty stupid when it comes to attacking the two door shields inside the ship. You can hold them up there until the armageddon without too much trouble.
    Uh maybe on the lowest skill level setting.

On Skilled I've got bots shooting me at the door shield generators before I can even see them coming around the corner of the access halls. Literally blind shock rifle hits from right around the edge of the corner.

Its insane.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The bots are usually pretty stupid when it comes to attacking the two door shields inside the ship. You can hold them up there until the armageddon without too much trouble.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how do the bots do the first spaceship objectives so **** fast :cry:

i'm usually about 5 minutes behind on the timers once i'm on foot and have to work my *** off to make it back up and win :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I always take the turrets as i head for the shield generators. Good tactic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually the bots have several flaws which usually mean they will always lose if you do it right. You see, they have this odd habit of using the shock rifle to attack the two door shield mechanisms (in the ship). Why, I don't know, but it means you can get through that objective MINUTES faster than they can. The idea is to have a full load of goop and just dodge/dodge jump right to the door shield and then blast it wth good. This will take a massive amount of its hitpoints off and you can easily get the two of them very fast.

The only other problem is the middle sentinel (in the corner of the ramp right before the bottom). If you can destroy it first then you'll again jump ahead in time massively fast.

As for the space combat, ignore the bots and go for the objective. Don't even bother trying to shoot them down, it is a waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know....

just keep trying... eventually you will make it

Leave a comment:

• started a topic AS-Mothership is driving me insane...

AS-Mothership is driving me insane...

Last level til you unlock the finals and the bots are simply insane on this level.

The bot ability to see your teams ships without fail makes the player team take longer to take down the shield generators and to get docked than the bot team.

Then once you are docked..the bots with their inherent ability to track players that are inside the visible area of the next zone beyond a zone portal makes it insanely hard to get anything done because the bots know you're coming around a corner before you know they're there.

AS-Mothership is a great level, don't get me wrong...but because of the Bot AI...it highly overbalances the entire map towards the bot team.

The biggest problem is the ship visibility. If you could feasibly balance that in some way so the shield generator side of the mission was more balanced, the bots tracking targets beyond zone portals I could live with.
Working...
X