Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS Scoring - doesn't give adequate credit

Hey.

I was playing ONS last night & did some outstanding team based playing.

Only thing is, none of the stuff gets any points.

I was running around giving folks something to shoot at other than the guys rebuilding nodes.

Taking pot-shots at enemy nodes to get them come running to see what's going on, and generally distracting them from progressing.

Delivering tanks to other folks who can drive 'em better than me.

All kind of team stuff like this, but you dont get the credit for it.
    It seems to me, if you want to look like a hero, just run up when the node's are on about 5% health and finish them off. Or hang around until your teammates have busted up the enemy nodes and then run over 'em to capture them before anybody else gets chance. General lurking type stuff.

No?

Sucks to be you.

Try spawncamping, it's easy, and that way everyone will think you are cool after the game ends and the scoreboard comes up.

Comment

Did your team win?

Comment

yeah, they did win.

gonna have a round of spawncamping or ledge hanging with a sniper gun or something to see how that kind of play affects my scoring.

Comment

btw...
          anyone tried any small team ONS matches.
          I had a few rounds of 2 against 2 last night.
          That was hardwork man.
          No time to take a breath.
          Get the nodes, destroy there's, rebuild your own.
          Got a bit repetitive, but very intense.

Comment

Re: ONS Scoring - doesn't give adequate credit

Originally posted by benskia
            Delivering tanks to other folks who can drive 'em better than me.
            Wow, you must be really the nice guy, but hey if you give a away the fun of blasting peeps around with the goliath, you're a moron. No really, try to be more of an egoistic Asshat, maybe you'll get more points that way and maybe you realise that those points server your team better than 'distracting the enemy' lol :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by benskia
              yeah, they did win.
              That's all that counts.

Comment

finish healing a node with your link gun. You get like 3 points every time you do that. You also get points for destroy enemy nodes.

Comment

yeah, but generally when i'm in a tank, someone comes along with a raptor and destroys me.

None of the teammates generally try & give any cover or protect your *** with a crafty avril. Even if they're on foot. They too busy heading to where the points are. So I jump out & have to take it down myself & some other guy will jump in my tank.

Comment

I usually just switch seats and use the tanks minigun to scare the raptors off.
                    It's not enough to destroy them, but most raptors will run as soon as they hear the sound of projectiles ricocheting off their bodywork.

Comment

If you're looking to draw fire, at least use a Raptor and distract the other opposing guy in a Raptor—you might score some kills and the other Raptor won't be bothering your tanks/troops/nodes. If you want to slow the enemy down use the Hellbender at a choke-point and use the Shock Turret (position 2) to slow/stop the advance of the enemy. If there are enough people on your team building the initial nodes you could always hassel the enemy team members (who are also trying to build their first few nodes) using the Manta—you don't need to kill them, just keep them from doing their job of building the first few nodes by shooting at them, attempting to run them over, etc.

Comment

Roboto, yeah - see. That's exactly the type of stuff I mean.
                        Using the manta to keep them from building nodes etc.
                        It slows 'em down, but you dont get any points & just look like the lame-*** at the end of the match.

Comment

No, you shouldn't be worried about how many points you get, alot of the most important stuff in ONS doesn't give you points, Defense is a good one, i usually end up on defense because my team all runs off (sadly have to play of pubs but you get some good games occasionally) anyway, those kind of things would be really hard to calculate and give points, because it'd have to decide if you being in a turret was helping the team, of if you were just DM'ing, If do feel a need for gratification, build nodes, it gets you up fast, i always start out at the front lines, building up the first few nodes, by the end i'm on defense, but i still usually get the top score.
                          Anyway, what i'm really trying to say here is that you shouldn't worry about points, if your team wins then everyone on your team wins, there's no "o he did the best because he has the top score" Just enjoy the game, ons isn't about score, thats what DM is here for (wow, thats kinda long)

Comment

How exactly would you suggest giving point scoring by being a distraction and running the back lines?

Jump in a tank and then jump out for a point? What about people who would then leap in and out of vehicles for points, thereby opening them up for enemies who come by?

Taking potshots? Point scoring for a couple of hits on a node and then running around?

Playing well and allowing your team to win is the point. Good teammates are the ones who will notice what you've been doing, and if people whine you didn't score any points, what do ya need em for?

Comment

Dunno Herryoyo.
                              I was just being one of them annoying folks who whine about stuff but dont come up with any better suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X