Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
    Can play mp3 and ogg at the moment, mp3 licences arent exactly cheap, i think all things considered what we have already is very good, far more than most games have, you dont need more **** like equalisers, you should be fragging not fiddelign with that ****!
    agreed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :up:

Since this would facilitate my Winamp whorage... I agree.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheGreatFoo
    After looking at it for a few more seconds, your suggested versions means I'd have to press a key when someone else sent a VoIP transfer to me.

Unfortunately, I was looking for something automatic. Your idea WOULD work if there was some 'onVoipStart' and 'onVoipEnd' actions available in the ini files
    That's what I meant by 'On VOIP start press X button' in the code, that the game itself would 'press' a certain key automatically when a voice message starts. It would be a cool feature if some could get something like that to work.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Admit it tho.. you'd love it if UT quietened your music while someone was talking on VoIP
    No.....because I have it off untill a patch comes along that lets it work well on an audigy 2 with EAX enabled in the game. ATM I have to run sound in software sound mode if I want to have voice working properly and Id much rather have the EAX than spend 1/2 my time in the esc menu to mute screechy little kids any day!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xQx
    true but it does let me use my own playlists skip tracks/pause etc while in game. Also lets me use a player that takes advantage of the full features of my sound card.

Admit it tho.. you'd love it if UT quietened your music while someone was talking on VoIP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jefe
    I doubt it will, since I have no idea what the actual command would be. Someone who knows more about it than I do would be able to get something like that to work easily, I think.
    After looking at it for a few more seconds, your suggested versions means I'd have to press a key when someone else sent a VoIP transfer to me.

Unfortunately, I was looking for something automatic. Your idea WOULD work if there was some 'onVoipStart' and 'onVoipEnd' actions available in the ini files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You and I both know that's got nothing to do with VoIP muting, Q
    true but it does let me use my own playlists skip tracks/pause etc while in game. Also lets me use a player that takes advantage of the full features of my sound card.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prisoner1138
    so then why did you post simply to make the obvious statement that winamp is free, like we all didnt know this already?
    Because it's free to the end user. Meaning if epic supported it they arent showing support for a particular commercial product.... and gamers wouldn't have to pay for winamp.

What's not clear.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's EXACTLY what you suggested in your first post. If you're going be 'Master Debator' you're going to have to learn not to change your positon in the middle of a 'debate.'
    Wrong. Quote from first post:

I've suggested this briefly before now, but wouldn't it be great if the game could interface with winamp, instead of just having its own built-in music player.
    Dont drag this off into irrelevent squabbling. Even on a matter of semantecs, you dont have a case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xQx
    I use one of these

to control the media player of my choise in game when I want music.
    You and I both know that's got nothing to do with VoIP muting, Q

Leave a comment:

• replied

Good job I'm not suggesting they integrate it then, huh?

That's EXACTLY what you suggested in your first post. If you're going be 'Master Debator' you're going to have to learn not to change your positon in the middle of a 'debate.'

Woah. If this works, I completely eat my words.

So I add this to the alias' section of my ini file, and in winamp set up a key combination to mute the music...

I thought alias' had to be bound to keys?

Anyway, I'm gonna go try it. Ingenious
    I doubt it will, since I have no idea what the actual command would be. Someone who knows more about it than I do would be able to get something like that to work easily, I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's correct.

Good job I'm not suggesting they integrate it then, huh?

The ability for the game to mute winamp when VoIP conversations are happening, and/or make winamp move to the next/last track... all the little functions like that can be used in UT without needing any licensing or integration or any **** like that.

No mixing of code, nothing..

Just a few calls to winamp through the DDE interface. Something which is common to all versions of windows.

mIRC plugins use it quite a lot. It can all be wrapped into a single file.

Anyone got any valid points yet?
    so then why did you post simply to make the obvious statement that winamp is free, like we all didnt know this already?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The builtin OGG player is good as it is
    it can play both OGG (DUH!!) and MP3 (dunno about WMV's tho)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All you really need to do is adjust the VOIP volume so that you can hear it while music is playing. That's what I did, and I actually prefer it that way because I don't like having my music interrupted.

But if you want the feature, I think there is a relatively easy way to add it.

Code:
    on VOIP start press X key combination; on VOIP end press X key combination
    Where 'X key combination' is the global hotkey associated with pause, or mute if you prefer, in Winamp. Admittedly, I don't know the first thing about coding, but I think something like this would work as an alias added to your UT2004 file.
    Woah. If this works, I completely eat my words.

So I add this to the alias' section of my ini file, and in winamp set up a key combination to mute the music...

I thought alias' had to be bound to keys?

Anyway, I'm gonna go try it. Ingenious.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use one of these

to control the media player of my choise in game when I want music.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X