Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to preform "flush" on map change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to preform "flush" on map change?

Would it be possible to somehow make the game preform flush upon each completed level. I've noticed (with memstat), that flush frees over 150mb of RAM. If it is impossible to make on the user level, could the OPTION to enable this be added in the patch?

Anyone?

Comment

I can see what you're after, but the best solution would be to have Epic fix the code.

And sorry, I don't know a way to do what you're talking about, unless you do it manually.

Comment

ipconfig /flushdns

Comment

Originally posted by ParoxysM
          ipconfig /flushdns
          LOL. Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it?

Comment

Get FreeRamXPpro and when a map starts Alt-Tab to desktop right click the systemtray icon and select AutoFreeNow. Then Alt-Tab back to the game. This works great for me when things slow down after a couple hours of changing maps. Its a great piece of freeware for reclaiming ram.

Comment

Those RAM freeing programs are trash and do not actually do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by isidis
                You sure? FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40 works for me. I don't just go by what it says, I gather more information from other programs such as mIRC system info dll's and the like.

Comment

So? You are saying they do not flush your memory? whatever......

Comment

Agreed. They might help with a poorly written program with a bad memory leak but.......

well, maybe it could help.

Comment

You could bind a key to it.. "Set input NumPad9 Flush"

When a new map starts, hit the 9 in the numbad keys..

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
                        Agreed. They might help with a poorly written program with a bad memory leak but.......
                        The word, "Windows" comes to mind since you put it like that.

Comment

Those mem freeing programs dont really do much as far as I can tell. It gets rid of dlls and things from memory but you just end up loading them back in anyway. Probably only useful after you've closed a program.

Comment

Working...
                          X