X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVIL!? hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Falqon
      Here's a fact: idiot opinions are not facts! Why would anyone go and tell someone else what mouse speed he or she will or won't use? It's a preference thing, some people use all of that speed, others don't. I have viper sens all the way up, and my windows speed is all of the way up. I'm not running 16x12. So why don't you go ahead and find new "facts"
      don't be an asshat, he's correct

Comment

Originally posted by Satariel
        A Viper and Mx510 do not have the same sensor (maybe you meant the Mx500 though), the former has a 16x16 sensor with 8-bit report rate and Mx a 30x30 sensor with 12-bit report rate capable of 5,8Mp in 15G. The bottom line is: Razer= Poor small company in need of money badly, Logitech= Big *** (probably Evil) company with a **** load of money. This means the Viper do not have as advanced and expensive tech as the Mx510 but Razer is able to pull it off anyway due a clever lense trick. In the end Logitech will probably steal this innovation since they are as we all know Evil.
        Please let the stupid people stop posting. It's the SAME SENSOR. it's not a "30x30 sensor" on the MX, it's a 32pixelx32pixel sensor, different picture. Same sensor. All of those specs aren't the sensor for crying out loud. The changed some of the other hardware. The MX with different sensors are the 700 and 900.

DrThodt, please explain how he is correct? I use every bit of the 1000dpi, so how is his "fact" correct? There is a difference between a fact and an opinion. Fact, they all use the same sensor. Opinion, I like the viper hardware better because it's faster.

Comment

Pics of the Razer Viper mouse? :bulb:

Comment

Please let the stupid people stop posting. It's the SAME SENSOR. it's not a "30x30 sensor" on the MX, it's a 32pixelx32pixel sensor, different picture. Same sensor. All of those specs aren't the sensor for crying out loud. The changed some of the other hardware. The MX with different sensors are the 700 and 900.

DrThodt, please explain how he is correct? I use every bit of the 1000dpi, so how is his "fact" correct? There is a difference between a fact and an opinion. Fact, they all use the same sensor. Opinion, I like the viper hardware better because it's faster.
            using 1000cpi would move your mouse cursor across the screen to fast on anything below 1600x1200, you need to lower the cpi (or dpi if you want to be incorrect in naming) so that the mouse doesnt take 1cm to move allthe way across your screen.

Comment

No, you are wrong. Its not the same sensor, its a sensor from the same company that does sensors for Logitech.

The sensor in MX takes 8000 pics/secons, each pic is 32x32 pixels in size. The sensor for Viper takes 2300 pics/second, each pic 16x16 in size.

It does not take a genious to figure out that the Viper will be much more prone to skipping.

Comment

The Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 is the best gaming mouse.

Comment

DrThodt
                  You do realise how big the screen is do you? We are talking about a freaking 360 degree full sphere here. Default FOV is 90 so it takes 4 screens to cover it in the horizontal direction and say 2*1,5 screens to cover bottom and top. Makes 7 screens of freedom. Say we have 1027x768. *7 that makes 2700x2000 resolution. Not enough???
                  If your talking about the density, then you can always adjust your sens so one dot on the mouse would be equivalent to one pixel on the screen. Again higher dpi's are good.
                  btw whats wrong with "dpi" Confuses you?

Falqon
                  It's the SAME SENSOR. it's not a "30x30 sensor" on the MX, it's a 32pixelx32pixel sensor, different picture
                  Also here we are waiting for some back up stuff, which is something more than "SAME SENSOR!!11 FFS OMG" , a link perhaps? sounds more like a viper fanboy talk.

Buffy Summers
                  Only took you 4 pages to get this. but thats not much. The result counts And no, PS/2 is still not enough to get rid of NA and you cannot turn on 800dpi on PS/2, too bad

Edit:
                  The sensor in MX takes 8000 pics/secons, each pic is 32x32 pixels in size
                  At the end, it looks like you only read/get your own, and insultive posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffy Summers
                    The sensor in MX takes 8000 pics/secons, each pic is 32x32 pixels in size.
                    Not quite right...

It's 5250fps and 30x30. But you were close

Comment

Maybe if you were using a full sphere screen you would want a mouse to be able to move that quickly, but now you wouldn't? Why? Because most of the time you tend to aim for things within your screen. Say you are able to make a 360 in 1cm... that's just great mate. Now, when you want to move the mouse just 1cm on screen, somebody walking in the same room will probably move it around that much.

Comment

The Viper: "This is a 16x16 pixel sensor capable of capturing 2300 images a second (these are incorrectly termed "frames per second" or fps). This makes it a higher standard for sensors with a standard size but with a higher speed."

The Mx500 and probably Mx510: "With the MX, Logitech put its faith in a larger, 30x30 pixel sensor, and one that worked faster, capturing 5,350 shots per second."

http://www6.tomshardware.com/game/20..._viper-01.html

When I said "30x30 sensor" I obviously meant a 32pixel x 32pixel sensor, what did you think I was talking about? :bulb: The author of that article is Stéphane Kauffmann (Contributing Editor: Input Devices) , maybe you should send him an e-mail and ask him to stop post.

link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/site/sub.../feedback.html

Gaal Dornik:

What do you mean with "you cannot turn on 800dpi on PS/2"? Isn´t it on by default? I run my Mx510 in 200hz on the Ps/2 port and it´s much more responsive than when I use it on the USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
                          And no, PS/2 is still not enough to get rid of NA and you cannot turn on 800dpi on PS/2, too bad
                          Are you sure? With the 'Precision' setting I definitely get smother mouse than with the 'Speed' setting for PS/2. Changing the Resolution registry value to 8 did absolutely no difference for USB though.

So basically, either the 'Precision' setting does some interpolation/averaging, or it turns on 800 DPI.

PS2 at 200Hz also made the inverted acceleration less noticeable, which it should.

Comment

Buffy Summers
                            Hmm now as you say it, im not sure, since i didnt test it.( but its a rumor) Like you said the 400/800dpi mode is set in registry( and requires reboot IIRC) and nobody really knows what "precision/speed" settings do. It can be that they add some smoothing and change default windows sens so it feels smoother.
                            My PS/2 connected mice have an extra branch in registry and no "resolution" value anymore for example.

PS just tested Pr/Speed settings. Sens definitely changed but the "minimum required step"( the actual resolution) for mouse to move looked same. Now one need to test USB resolution:8/4 modes to check if the difference can be felt at all.
                            I got Linux installed (only need to recompile the kernel, should be an interesting task ) so soon i'll try all possible options.

Comment

Working...
                            X