X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ot: 6800 pics

new Geforce 6800 pics http://www.chipzilla.com/?article=15269

w00t soon ut2k4 will be even better

Is there a new ATI coming out to match it? I'm not a big fan of nVidia, & haven't seen/heard anything from ATI.

Comment

awesome! my next graphic card.

Comment

Originally posted by Diademed
        Is there a new ATI coming out to match it? I'm not a big fan of nVidia, & haven't seen/heard anything from ATI.
        R420/X800

Comment

Sweet,An exclusive.
          16x Pipeline GeForce 6800 Ultra (NV40),
          I can't justify purchase of a Geforce 5950Ultra now ~450.00 dollaRs.I pretty sure I will not be buying a 6800U,although THis may bring the price down on the 5900 and lower models.YES.:up:

Comment

The top notch ATI card will have 16 pipes too (I never heard of the nvidia having the same).

Nevertheless, two molex connectors is going to be a problem...

Comment

2 molex connections? why?

And for #%&( sake why dont GFX cards got propper heatsinks and fans? Why all the flashy plastic?

100% Copper heatsink with as much air contact as possibel (that means no logo's and plastics and stuff ontop) + ordinary 80mm/92mm/120mm fans that actualy move air in a sertain direction instead of simply shoving it around... My card got a friggin 40mm fan with blades that aint thicker than a pen... rotating at 5800 rpm making one hell of a noice but not moving much air...

Comment

Originally posted by st_trooper
                The top notch ATI card will have 16 pipes too (I never heard of the nvidia having the same).

Nevertheless, two molex connectors is going to be a problem...
                Are those molex connectors actually mounted on the card itself? In the picture it looks like it. I can see a lot of cards going back to the manufacturer from being damaged during installation.

Then again, perhaps I'm just heavy-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Early_bath
                  Then again, perhaps I'm just heavy-handed.
                  Many of my devices's molex connectors are way to tight... I litteraly need to bash em into place... aint gonna enjoy putting thouse on a video card... the same thing applies to my AGP slot aswell.. I need to wedge it in and bash the card to get that snap sould telling me the card is in place... :sour:

Comment

lol the beotch of it is that those 2 Molex connectors have to be on TWO SEPERATE power rails with NOTHING else attached. Most people will have to upgrade their psu first

Comment

Re: ot: 6800 pics

Originally posted by fsstrike1
                      new Geforce 6800 pics http://www.chipzilla.com/?article=15269

w00t soon ut2k4 will be even better
                      it requires 2 molex connectors :-/ thats so terrible...

Comment

I hope Apple writes a driver for that baby and sells it with the G5 Dual 3GHz in August.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                          I hope Apple writes a driver for that baby and sells it with the G5 Dual 3GHz in August.
                          :bulb:

Appel dont make that kind of drivers emselves.. Nvidia does DUH! (And no m$ dont write the Gefore drivers for Windows either)

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                            :bulb:
                            What?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                              2 molex connections? why?

And for #%&( sake why dont GFX cards got propper heatsinks and fans? Why all the flashy plastic?
                              Maybe it draws a sh*tload of current, more than the AGP slot can provide. I'm happy with my R9800 pro, it's fairly quiet just like my old GF4 TI4200 was.

Comment

Working...
                              X