Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT Sort off]Trackball VS Mouse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [OT Sort off]Trackball VS Mouse

    Lo all,

    I have been using my trustee trackball for some years now and consider myself to be fairly accurate. I have just bought the MS Trackball (it sucks, it keeps sticking ) so I have to buy a new mouse and was obviously going to go for a trackball but I'm thinking maybe I should consider a "normal" mouse, can ne1 give me a comparison ?? ne1 know of a good trackball/normal mouses I know you can get better DPI on "normal" mouse.


    Any thoughts greatly appreciated

    #2
    uhh ever heard of optical?

    Comment


      #3
      MS Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 or Logitech MX500, i own both and they are both pretty equal imo....

      Personally, i use the MS mouse tho....

      Comment


        #4
        Logitech Trackman Wheel (optical) here. I'm a decent sniper using it, so I can't complain about the mouse's accuracy.

        Comment


          #5
          Pah! Why use a mouse, when you can use your mind to control what happens on-screen! *Focuses*

          Comment


            #6
            MX510 best mouse in the biz hands down

            Comment


              #7
              If you're going to get a trackball, get one that has the ball at the tips of your fingers, not at your thumb. These kind of trackballs (with the ball at the top) absolutely OWN for both sniping and close combat, sometimes even more then a mouse.

              The thumb trackballs are relaxing to use for desktop work, but really can't keep up in games.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by placebo
                The thumb trackballs are relaxing to use for desktop work, but really can't keep up in games.
                You can, just need to get used to it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Septik
                  You can, just need to get used to it.
                  I tried. The "tips of fingers" trackballs were a lot easier to pwn with.

                  Here's the one I used:

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Septik
                    Logitech Trackman Wheel (optical) here. I'm a decent sniper using it, so I can't complain about the mouse's accuracy.

                    I've got the same one just wireless and would never trade a trackball for a normal mouse!
                    Ironically, I bought this mouse after having owned that MS one which is horrible....it doesn't necessarily stick though, it needs an "activation" time. If you don't move it for like 2 secs it turns off and then needs a minor flick to come back on so it always seems to have a reaction lag...it BLOWS and unfortunately, since it is an MS product, it is the first trackball a lot of people own.
                    I've learned in the past and with my current ball, that Logitech balls are the best....hope that helps.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by KriLL3
                      MX510 best mouse in the biz hands down

                      where do you get that one?

                      i dont want dumb red one :down:

                      logitech is stupid they have the blue one on their site but you can't order it WTF?

                      do you know a site where i can order it?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by graff69
                        where do you get that one?

                        i dont want dumb red one :down:

                        logitech is stupid they have the blue one on their site but you can't order it WTF?

                        do you know a site where i can order it?
                        I bought mine in a local store... only saw the blue verision there

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Any sign of a mx710 (or whatever the wireless mx510 will be called)?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by isidis
                            Any sign of a mx710 (or whatever the wireless mx510 will be called)?
                            Dont think thouse will come anytime soon... the MX510 uses lots more of bandwith on the USB line and I doubt a radio link can support that kind o' trafic without lagg... I preffer corded mice

                            MX910 perhaps... (blue tooth is quite fast)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by KriLL3
                              I bought mine in a local store... only saw the blue verision there
                              well i live in US :sour:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X