noob linux question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob linux question

greetings all. i'm sorry if this question has been answered already somewhere, but i've been looking the past couple days and what i've seen is rather inconclusive. Is ut2k4 out on linux as well as windows, or just the demo? And is ut2k3 out on linux too, or just the demo? online shops list the OS's as 98/me/2k/xp, but i've also been told that ut2k4 works on linux out of the box. i've got mandrake download edition 9.2 on an athlon 2400+. the reason i ask is, my video card (ti4600) was refurbished by p.n.y. a while ago, and is now no longer compatible with the new drivers for directx (i get terrible mouse lag, and often poor framerates too). it still works fine with openGL, but all i can find is the demos. Again, sorry if this has already been asked/answered, and thanks for your time!

UT2k3 and UT2k4 both support Linux out of the box -- a standard retail copy of either game has both Windows and Linux installers.

Comment

i feel really stupid. i just went through my ut2k3 cd's, and found the linux installer (on cd 3). thanks for the help!

Comment

Yea, and there is also a GNU/Linux version of UT as well, just make sure you get the correct installer, orginal UT or UT:GOTY.
        I happen to have UT:GOTY UT2003 and UT2004 all installed

Comment

Working...
        X