Target Painter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target Painter

I just picked one of these up and zoomed in on a node to call in an airstrike but it wouldnt work. I tried fire, alt fire, use etc and nothing happened.

What is this noob doing wrong, apart from being a noob that is

dont move, dont change your aim, hold down priimary for a few seconds on a still place.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
      dont move, dont change your aim, hold down priimary for a few seconds on a still place.
      Nope, didnt work mate, just ended up standing there for ages waiting. Starting to get annoyed now :down:

Comment

I think you have to target the ground, not an actual object like a node.

Comment

i tried it once (only ever got it once by fluke) and got chopped in half by a scorpion waiting for it to register. But yes you do have to target the ground and not a node/building/vehicle.

Comment

Targeting the ground was the answer, thanks guys :up:

Comment

will work on targeting a node. just works more often targeting the ground. Still the weapon is annoying. seems almost random to whether it actually works or not. sometimes it starts to charge and dies. sometimes it wont do anything. Then others it works right away.

Comment

i was having the same prob last nite. for the first time (and then second) i got my hands on the target painter... i was waiting for the opportunity to use it on the enemy base, got my chance, and sat up in the hills for like a min or two just aiming it at the power core. then i died... i tried the same thing, and i swear i was aiming on the ground near the power core and still nothing... that time i just gave up, walked in, and unloaded my rocket launcher

Comment

use alt fire to zoom. target the ground, make sure there is no structure above the target point (trees, building, "ruins"...). After all you're sending a signal up in the sky. If it doesn't work, try a different surface.
                  Should always work if you target the base of a node, unless there is obstruction overhead (like a node in a cave).
                  It will also take a few seconds to register so son't just do a quick zap.

Comment

You must give the Bomber enough space to complete it's bombing run. If you paint a location that is to close the edge of the level, the Bomber wont bomb. (only a problem when trying to paint the power cores on frostbite).
                    Of course I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X