Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Best ONSLAUGHT Players ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ONSLAUGHT Players ...

I saw the thread on CTF players ... and i wanted to see the Onslaught list ...

Here's my submission ... from my favorite Server (Cain's Lair) ...
    Babies
    Some_Guy
    WW_Kroil

There are lots ... but i know these guys totally rock!!

i went to grade school with those guys..g reat guys!

actually i have no idea who they are.. and really dont care..

Comment

Picking the best onslaught player is like picking the nicest smelling turd.

Comment

Originally posted by spamboy
        So all Onslaught players are turds? :weird:

Comment

Onslaught turds

Is that because the game is new and you have to learn a few TEAM skills to be able to play?

The real deal with Onslaugt is that a single player cant win the map ... you have to rely on and support your team.

So i guess that's what i'm asking ... who's the best TEAM player?

and YOU a t*** if you gotta play by yourself!!

Comment

im more interested in your lady slaying ability.. can we talk more about that?

Comment

Lady Slaying ...

lol ... you gaming guys are a riot!!

We have 3 ladies/women/females that play on Cain's ... and we are all fair too ... i've heard of a couple more, but i havent played with them.

Are there really that few women playing UT2K4? I really only play ONS on Cains - but I play CTF and DM on a couple of servers and havent seen any women there yet.

Hmmm ... something to think about.

Comment

Re: Onslaught turds

Originally posted by LadySlayer
                Is that because the game is new and you have to learn a few TEAM skills to be able to play?

The real deal with Onslaugt is that a single player cant win the map ... you have to rely on and support your team.
                Last night, for really the first time while being on a public server, I was on a team that really worked well together. It was amazing. For example...

Three raptors in the air moving together in a squad to cover movement on the ground, taking out any Gols before they could get two shots off, at the same time focusing their attention precisely where it needed to be focused and not just randomly buzzing around. These guys would hop out and charge up nodes as needed to get them on their way.

Multiple vehicles hitting a single enemy node all at the same time taking it down quicker than the other team had time to respond.

Mantas swarming the same area keeping people on foot totally pancaked.

Other players constantly healing each others vehicles and keeping things up and running.

Fully loaded Hellbenders with decent drivers and gunners. My teammates seemed to know what to do for a change. Was actually working with a teammate in a HB swapping out positions. He'd drive, I'd be on 2, a raptor would come in, I'd switch to 3, take out raptor, He'd switch to 2 and take out anyone on foot, I'd switch to 1 and drive to next hotspot, etc.

It was a nice refreshing change from the usual **** you encounter on public servers. These games were nice and fast paced with lots of carnage and it just really rocked last night. A lot of times when I play onslaught, it can be very ho-hum... charge up a node, get a manta, fly around for 10 seconds, get AVRiLd, respawn, the node you just charged before is down again and must go fix it, lather rinse repeat. But last night, the games I were in really had momentum and my team of random strangers were pushing the other team hard and with focused effort. I loved it.

Comment

Shouldn't this be 'Best Onslaught Team?

In UT2003-CTF was often all about one person because with the shield gun, that one person was good enough to win the game.

And in '03-BR, you only needed one person on your team who could pass it to himself really well.

But 2004's Onslaught, no single person can win the game. There may be an MVP, ie. who can fly the raptor to the redeemer the best, or the best Leviathan driver, but it's a team effort.

Having seen the WW clan play, those guys take teamwork seriously, and it's no surprise if one of them appears to be superior all by himself.

Comment

Re: Best ONSLAUGHT Players ...

I saw the thread on CTF players ... and i wanted to see the Onslaught list ...

Here's my submission ... from my favorite Server (Cain's Lair) ...
                    Babies
                    Some_Guy
                    WW_Kroil

There are lots ... but i know these guys totally rock!!
                    I pwn them all, unless babies camps the goliath in primevil

Comment

Baba pwns?

Hey Baba ... i see you ... you may pwn me ... but i know you dont pwn the guys everytime .... i've seen you pwnd to at Cain's ... lol.

Go ahead .... make my day ... frag me!

Comment

Re: Onslaught turds

So i guess that's what i'm asking ... who's the best TEAM player?

and YOU a t*** if you gotta play by yourself!!
                        I won 5 rounds of Onslaught practically by myself. The rest of my team were hard core DM-ers with no understanding of Onslaught's basic game mechanics. Or, maybe they did, but they obviously weren't Kasparovs or Fishers as far as strategy went. Neither was the other team. I capped their tank node (ONS-Torlan) before they had even touched it. :bulb:

Comment

the best clan me and my clan have scrimmed is kaizen. they are rly good

Comment

Originally posted by spamboy
                            lmao :haha: :haha: :haha:

Comment

Re: Re: Onslaught turds

Originally posted by placebo
                              The rest of my team were [...] obviously [not] Kasparovs or Fishers as far as strategy went.
                              What clan do those two play for? :haha:

(And assuming some people here have cultural blind spots like those in the Avril thread, those two guys are world champion chess players.)

Comment

Working...
                              X