100% Efficeny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Efficeny

Was just looking at the ut2004 stats paged and noticed that a lot of people have 100% eff. Is eff the same as accuracy? If it is how many of thoese people that have 100% are using a hack? what eff. percentage do you think just a good player would have?

not uncommon at all.
    You just need to score at least 1 kill with a weapon and not die while holding it.

To be relevant (that is be representative of actual accuracy), it should be calculated the following way :

(Number of Hits) / (Number of times you shoot the weapon)

/You can hit F3 during a game (or in the end) to check your own efficiency stats.

Comment

It means that you didn't die while using the weapon, but did kill with it.

So using the LG and kill someone, than getting killed while holding it results in 50% accuracy.

Skilled player? Well, depends if you keep using the flak cannon, you will get low efficieny with it, but if you use all weapons e4qually it will be spread amongst all those weapons and be higher.

Just try not to pay too much attention to it.

Comment

No, effiency is not the same as accuracy. Let's say you fragged someone 8 times with the rocket launcher, and you got killed twice by their rocket launcher. Your efficiency with the rocket launcher would be 80%. Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinuz99

Skilled player? Well, depends if you keep using the flak cannon,
          Well as you said, it depends on how you use the weapon.
          I use the Flak primary as a finisher (when at mid-range). So I easily get the Flak Monkey announcement and a high efficiency with the Flak.

Comment

Ahh cool, I just saw the people that had 100% eff. and like 40 kills with no deaths. Thought it might have been an easy way to pick out hackers, but meh.. guess legimate people can have 100% eff?

Comment

Yes, they can...for a time.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think efficiency is really the right term for that particular statistic - kills w/weapon vs deaths w/weapon. As it is calculated now, it doesn't matter how efficient you are with a weapon - only that you don't get killed :bulb:. Joe-FlakSpammer can have 100% efficiency with the flak regardless of how many times he fired it at an empty doorway, so what does that prove? I don't see that it's really an indicator of anything useful. I was surprised they "featured" this statistic in the F3 menu so prominently.

An accuracy based statistic that counted times a weapon fired vs hits or times fired vs damage dealt out would be more like the common usage of the term. It would be much harder to keep track of, but at least be kinda interesting.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing

Comment

-enter the server
                    -shot once
                    -kill once
                    -hide rest of the time
                    -> 100% efficiency, 100% accuracy
                    OMFG CHEETAR!!!11 EPIC PLZ FIX BAN

Comment

l00l0l oMfg j00 ar3 s0 l33tz0rz! And i'm not refering to the people who had one kill, thats possible, i'm talking about the people who never die and have like 40 kills.

Comment

Thats also very easy possible, if the skill gap is big enough.
                        -Top player vs average players
                        -above average player vs newbies.
                        average and below usually cannot pull this since they lack the durability skill.
                        Top players can destroy everything on-sight within seconds and have always full armor and nearly impossible to hit. no wonder they have 0 deaths. But its a bit boring for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by senshu
                          No, effiency is not the same as accuracy. Let's say you fragged someone 8 times with the rocket launcher, and you got killed twice by their rocket launcher. Your efficiency with the rocket launcher would be 80%. Does that help?
                          Actually, your opponents weapon doesn't come into the equation.
                          The correct calculation for efficiency is
                          (Kills with weapon)/(Kill with weapon + Kills while holding weapon)

So if you frag someone 8 times with the RL, and he frags you twice with the LG while YOU were using the RL, your efficiency for the RL will be 80%.

Comment

Many people practice the art of NOT dying. You will see experienced players with little deaths and at the top of the kills just because they try to stay alive. Efficiency is more more important to some than simply winning the game each round. Many throw around the terms hack or even noob way too much around here. Don't forget there are people that have been playing the game since ut99 and aren't hax.

Comment

Working...
                            X