Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ONS] Arctic Stronghold - Any chance Red can win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ONS] Arctic Stronghold - Any chance Red can win?

I have been playing [ONS]Arctic Stronghold for a week, something like 30 games...every night always with different players on different servers.

So far I have NEVER seen Red win on that map.

So I am asking, is this unprobable statistical evidence or is actually Red at a disadvantage on that map.

I dont know. I've won as Red but then again I've only played the map once.

Comment

I've seen red win all the time

Comment

yeap me too scotty.

Comment

I've seen red win as well.

Arctic, due to its setup, is a -SPEED- map. Although other maps feature such redundancy, the map is designed so that the first to get all 3 points in the center will 9 times out of 10 win... And the best way to get all 3 points is to attempt to destroy the "chokepoint" nodes as quickly as you can.

The map can't be approached in the same way as the other ONS maps.. although node building is important, those are secondary functions to killing the chokepoints -- and with the map able to be traversed in approx. 5-7 seconds (unlike megaliths like RedPlanet, Icarus, or Severance), the chokepoints are where the battles will be fought.

... Still, if a team was coordinated enough, they could, in theory, blast from a center node to a chokepoint at speed.. you'd need approx. 3-4 people (and the rest of your team defending their own chokepoint) to pull it off, nto to mention the element of surprise...

Athenor

Comment

Working...
          X