Did anyone elses load times just jump??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone elses load times just jump??

After a bit of initial tweaking (weeks ago) my load times were down to about 20ish seconds....

Last night it was fine.

I go to join a game tonight and so-far I've been unable to get into a game... just stalls on the load screen...

has anyone else suddenly had this problem?

Nope. The only problem I've had online tonight was that I just played a 45 minute ONS game....against five bots. That sucked when I finally noticed their pings were all zero.

Comment

Originally posted by daedelus7183
      Nope. The only problem I've had online tonight was that I just played a 45 minute ONS game....against five bots. That sucked when I finally noticed their pings were all zero.
      heh.. did that the other night... had a blast...

I actually typed GG a time or two before I noticed....

But thanks for the note about the load issue.... I'll try and trouble shoot it from my end... just wanted a confirmation that something I didn't know about... didn't happen ...

Comment

I've been stalling on load a lot lately, mostly for servers with over 90 ping to me.

Comment

No problems here. If anything, I'm getting into games faster than ever.

Comment

That happens to me on some occasions. Usually its because the server is changing map while i'm trying to join, Unreal tries loading the first map it was running, gets confused and stalls.

Comment

It might be a server side problom. try putting your HD through a defrag tho, that manages to speed load times up for me quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by daedelus7183
                lol - I think a lot of us have done that!

I even spent half the game talking to them and wondering why no one answered ......

Comment

hey as long as they put up a good fight then i dont care if they are bots

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck_uk
                    lol - I think a lot of us have done that!

I even spent half the game talking to them and wondering why no one answered ......
                    I was actually enjoying the silence. No SPAMMER! N00b! accusations, no Camper *****ing. Yea it was kinda embarassing to find out that I was surrounded by bots, but heh.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                      I was actually enjoying the silence. No SPAMMER! N00b! accusations, no Camper *****ing. Yea it was kinda embarassing to find out that I was surrounded by bots, but heh.
                      Yeah. You know people are pretty bad in Onslaught when they accuse lil' ol' me of botting. In Onslaught. I mean, FFS, who the hell bots in Onslaught?!? What's the point?

Anyways, I think from now on I'm gonna stick to deathmatch and CTF, where I become a better player after playing for 3 hours than a worse one...

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_Virulent
                        Anyways, I think from now on I'm gonna stick to deathmatch and CTF, where I become a better player after playing for 3 hours than a worse one...
                        Aw, c'mon...did ya get beat that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                          Every now and again i get load screens which never seem to finish loading, i have to ctrl alt del out and shut down UT and start it up again, rather annoying, no real pattern to it. Hopefully be addressed in the first patch.
                          I've got the same problem here. Sometimes, the game just freezes at the loading screen. Ctrl alt del power !

Comment

Ditto on the load screen freezing. Seems very random.

Comment

Working...
                            X