Graphics Corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Corruption

I was just getting into an online assault game, playing for 15 minutes, as suddenly... some graphics went staccato on me.

I've tried everything but reinstalling ut2004 and WinXP.
    So far nothing else worked, and it ONLY happens in MP games:bulb:

I've uploaded some pics to here: LINK

Also more info to what i tried.

Does anyone else recognize this?

Yes... I see that B$ frequently.

I have decided that it is because I am using the Omega drivers on an ATI card.

As soon as I de-installed the Omega's and replaced them with the ATI Cat. 4.3 drivers the problem went away.

I guess this means that I can't OC and use UT2k4....

Comment

Well i'm not using the omega's, this problem popped up in mid-game, and i have not installed or de-installed anything for 1 week.

Comment

GRATUITOUS BUMP ACTION!

Comment

Un-install and re-install UT2004 ... I think thats your best bet Jugg :up:

Comment

lovely :down:

Comment

Re: Graphics Corruption

Originally posted by Juggernaut
              I was just getting into an online assault game, playing for 15 minutes, as suddenly... some graphics went staccato on me.

I've tried everything but reinstalling ut2004 and WinXP.
              So far nothing else worked, and it ONLY happens in MP games:bulb:

I've uploaded some pics to here: LINK

Also more info to what i tried.

Does anyone else recognize this?
              Bleh ... one got to be a member to see your screenshot :down:

Anyway, have you cleaned up and defragmented you hard disk and updated your GPU/motherboard drivers? Are the cooling OK and all hardware in a proper state? Are you SURE it only happens in online games and is it in every online game or only UT2004? It could be spy ware fecking your connection up. Get rid of it. Else I´d say it´s your GPU which someway is damaged, get a new one. In any case I would try re-installing UT2k4.

---

Aw, just saw you did a lot of that s***. Well, a month ago I did have a similar problem with my old 9800 Pro. It started with artefacts and corruption in online games, but later on it also appeared in singleplay and even on my desktop. Turned out that my GPU was fried.

Comment

Re: Re: Graphics Corruption

Originally posted by Urizen
                Bleh ... one got to be a member to see your screenshot :down:
                ACK.

Comment

Hmm i thought you should be able to see it,...

(just sign up than )

[screenshot]http://home.planet.nl/~guth0008/Shot00038.jpg[/screenshot]

And two other ones... i kinda like the barrel explosion:bulb:

http://home.planet.nl/~guth0008/Shot00036.jpg

http://home.planet.nl/~guth0008/Shot00039.jpg

Comment

that type of corruption usually happens when your graphics card is on the way out. I also had this happen. Opened up my case, looked at my GPU fan, and it was packed with cat hair. Whoops. If you're seeing it, then it's too late. If this is the case, at least you have an excuse to upgrade.

Comment

Never seen corruption just like that before, but it have some similarities to what happened to mine. Hmmm...the flak cannon looks kind of cool on the screenie ...

I´d agree with [34] that you need an upgrade soon. What card do you have?

Comment

I have had a same thing happen to me a few times. Not consistant enough to nail it down.

My video card is only a few weeks old, so unlikely its failing. I would think it could be a driver issue (I use Catalyst 4.3) or bug. I am waiting for the first patch to see if that helps.

I have posted here and responded to many e-mails about issues similiar to this with no clear solution so far.

Good luck

Comment

thats scary my game just dies, i dont get whacked artifacts

Comment

I had that on my 1st gf card just before it died.

Comment

Originally posted by Urizen
                              Never seen corruption just like that before, but it have some similarities to what happened to mine. Hmmm...the flak cannon looks kind of cool on the screenie ...

I´d agree with [34] that you need an upgrade soon. What card do you have?
                              Specs in my profile

What should i upgrade?

here 2 more pics:

[screenshot]http://home.planet.nl/~guth0008/Shot00040.jpg[/screenshot]

http://home.planet.nl/~guth0008/Shot00037.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X