Attention Server Admins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Server Admins

please use at least 1 spectator. this way players in the game can have the opportunity to spec and demo someone who they perceive as running an aimbot/speedhack. thanks

ps: happened in cain's lair tonight, possible aimbotter, but had no way to prove it thanks to the lack of being able to spec/demo :down: :down:

Done.

Comment

My servers always have spectator slots, alone for the fact the *I* like sneaking around and taking a look

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat2k3
        My servers always have spectator slots, alone for the fact the *I* like sneaking around and taking a look
        Good man - more admins should take more interest.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck_uk
          Good man - more admins should take more interest.

definitely :up: :up:

i have to find a new ons server though, because of the lack of a spec spot on the one ive been playing on

Comment

A good admin leaves an email address in the server info.
            (Cain is an experienced admin afaik.)
            Why don't you contact him and ask why there's no spec slots available.
            He might have a good reason...

admin@cainslair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dvorak
              A good admin leaves an email address in the server info.
              (Cain is an experienced admin afaik.)
              :up: Exactely!

Comment

I just stumbled into this thread, and saw my name being mentioned !!

1) Hi gang, I hope anyone playing in 'Cain's Lair' has fun...

2) I stopped having Spectators back in my UT99 Server, since I wanted all the slots available to be for players, who were playing. When you allow spectotors, you usually have a situation where one person is spectating for a long time, which guarantees that the teams are unbalanced.. IF the server is full.

If/when you see a player you suspect of cheating, jot down the player name, time, etc., and I'll check my logs. If I get several complaints on a particular player I can just ban them manually.

Also, ask if an Admin is present when you are playing. We have about 15 Admins that play at all times of the day and night, but do not log in until it is necessary.

So the bottom line on Spectators is I want everyone who is connected to be playing, and not taking up a slot maybe for a very long time, keeping someone else from connecting and playing, and unbalancing the teams.

Take care,

-- Cain

Comment

You might want to take precautions and keep an eye in your logs for "phos-phoros" as he's been notoriously hacking on MANY servers. I just caught him doing it AGAIn and I'm taking the time to send a demo to that admin. If he joins your server, ban him IMMEDIATELY. He will drive off your players.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat2k3

OT.
                    What do you call a group of peeping Toms?

A peer group.. ....:bulb:

Me goes to play On's.

Comment

Originally posted by Cainslair
                      So the bottom line on Spectators is I want everyone who is connected to be playing, and not taking up a slot maybe for a very long time, keeping someone else from connecting and playing, and unbalancing the teams.
                      Cain - I assume you know this, but it sounds like you don't from this comment. Spectators are a different class of player slot, it has nothing to do with actual players, and it certainly doesnt unbalance the teams. As long as the player number is even, it has nothing to do with the team balance. For instance, I run 16 players and 4 spectators on my CTF servers. You cannot spectate in a player slot, and you cannot play in a spectator slot.

Btw, it's not my thing any more, but I used to live on your server back in the UT days. 14v14 Niven owned Who cares if it involved skill, it was awesome.

Comment

Cain's server is the best one I've found to play on so far. There are a lot of admins and usually there is no need to fool with a cheater or trouble maker because they get banned fairly quickly.

Comment

Hey Worlock,

OK, apparently I don't understand Spectator slots at all, or it is different from other server types. (Thank you for the feedback, help me get this straight).

So, for instance I can run a 32 maxplayer server, and have, say 4 Spectators, and 32 players could still connect and play (while 4 others were spectating)? So a total of 36 players would actually be connected, but only 32 would be playing ??

In other gametypes, and as I recall back in UT99 (I didn't run UT203 long enough to figure this out), spectator slots took up potential player slots.

If the maxplayers was set to 30, and I had two spectator slots, and both were filled, then only 28 players could actually be playing. So the "maxplayers" setting is only for max players, actually playing?? It is not the number who are connected at any one time ??

I need to check this out, if this is correct, then that would allow a place for players who want to play, but the server is full, to connect and sit in line, until a player slot opened up.

Take care,

-- Cain

PS 14 x 14 Niven was wild !! How about Thorns !!

Comment

Its true Cain, the spectator slots dont take up playing slots. We run a 14 Plyr server with 2 speccy slots,,still have 14 peeps playing AND 2 spectating, again another feature i use quite regulary on our server just to keep an eye on things

Comment

Sweet !!

So, J4K0BYT3, on your 14 player server what is your MaxPlayers setting, and your MaxSpectators setting???

Does Maxplayers equal the number of players who can connect to the server, or just the max number who can actually play in the game??

Thanks, this is great, I'd love to allow a couple of Spec slots.

-- Cain

Comment

Working...
                              X