Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any kind of script/prog that will auto-make a demo everytime I join a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any kind of script/prog that will auto-make a demo everytime I join a game?

Just wondering if there was cause I always make some ill shots and I want to record them on FRAPS maybe show off to teh kidz

Anyone know of any? thx

Just bind a key for demorecording.
    Like "6=demorec" in your user ini.
    Press it a few times in the beginning of a match.... juts to make sure.

Comment

Auto-DemoRec....
      AFAIK it's not possible clientside.
      Must be a server-side mutator - there have been some options for 2k3, hope folks will also make some for 2k4

Comment

Originally posted by [Nimey]
        Just bind a key for demorecording.
        Like "6=demorec" in your user ini.
        Press it a few times in the beginning of a match.... juts to make sure.
        Or bind it to the fire button. That way you know you will start the demo. Hmm, seems I am missing something important here

Seriously, there is a autodemorec flag in UT2004.ini (or user.ini). Haven't tested it, but its worth a try.

Comment

set demomask in user.ini to
          demomask=Demo %d %m %p (%t)
          this will make sure u get unique filenames in the form of "demo 2004-04-02 Dm-asbestos Joyrider (11111112)"

then just bind demorec to a key

Comment

I'm sure I've seen an AutoDemoRecord option in one of the UT2004 .ini files...

Have a look, you may be surprised.

Comment

This looks like it, but I'm not sure if it works properly. In your ut2004.ini:

[XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
              bAutoDemoRec=False

I tried setting this to true and it would create a demo file but not actually record the demo. Also, it made UT2k4 very unstable and it would crash after every map. YMMV.

Comment

Yes, the bAutoDemoRec sucks. Someone should make a utility like DemoManager in UT, I used it solely for this function.

Comment

Ah thx for the help everyone! Just woke up i'm about to test out those tweaks in my INI's :up:

I'll give you guys the heads up thx again

Comment

Working...
                  X