Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Drinking and fragging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking and fragging

Well, I have and tendency to drink beer and play, a matter of fact they kinda go hand in hand

I notice that after 2 or 3 I get relaxed and seem to do a bit better. As the midnight hour approaches, and I have over indulged, I get complacent and start getting owned. I still keep playing though (and drinking)

How 'bout you guys? Are there those of you that take the game so seriously you don't drink & frag? You save the drinks for *after* the game? :haha:

ahem

you sit around by yourself getting drunk and playing video games?

do you even KNOW any girls?

Comment

yep gota drink and play, dont play better for it tho .....

..... and im married

Comment

I used to drink some and play.

The good thing is that you don't get as frustrated as you would when someone kills your spree or smth. You just relax and have fun.

Comment

I do get stoned while playing, now that has some implications...

1) Multitasking is at an altime low, so forget being a team player...

2) I tend to get stuck camping or doing other simple tasks (stuff that doesnt require me to fly around the room like a spazz

3) If a certain tactic doesnt work out, i'll "twit out" on it, and continue trying until i get it right, or I get bored.

Examples

For #1: I dont read any messages that my team or other people are typing, There's no way im going to read and frag while stoned...waaaay to much going on.

For #2: While camping and sniping on a hill or roof I catch myself saying outloud, "Gee, they sure are squirmy today! "

For #3: I know I can pull off that, "LG shot -> shock combo -> minigun for the finish" will work on that dude that keeps on killing me!

Comment

oh, and I want to add:

Being stoned and playing UT2K3 is great, It's my own personal vacation to some far off world, where you OWN or be OWN'd

Good fun, good times

Comment

Oh, I play often enough while somewhat drunk. After 3 beers my playing gets somewhat worse. I tend to get a bit careless.
              And woohah, I don't know about you, but we get 5 boring workdays a week over here.
              Not that that has anything to do with ME, me being a lazy bastard and all. I won't have to work for another 5 or 6 years. University first.

Comment

I'm the same way with playing pool... I do better after a couple of drinks... a couple more and I lose lose lose.

Comment

For me, gaming is like playing guitar, I can have one drink just to relax me, but anything more than that and it's gonna get ugly...

Originally posted by Mort_Q
                  I'm the same way with playing pool... I do better after a couple of drinks... a couple more and I lose lose lose.

I can't drink AT ALL when I'm playing pool. I'm a pretty decent player when I'm not drinking, but I stop seeing the shots once I start drinking.

Comment

Well I'm pretty much with everyone else on this.... a couple is fine, but after a few it tends to get pretty ugly.

I actually didn't have this problem with UT... For whatever reason, I could play UT with a few more beers in me with a greater deal of success.
                    After the same amount, I find myself getting SMOKED in UT2K3... Not sure of it's the movement, weapon use, or if I just suck

Comment

Re: Drinking and fragging

Originally posted by stoker6
                      Well, I have and tendency to drink beer and play, a matter of fact they kinda go hand in hand
                      Actually, sex and violence go together. However that might get a little awkward... :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by BeerNut
                        Well I'm pretty much with everyone else on this.... a couple is fine, but after a few it tends to get pretty ugly.

I actually didn't have this problem with UT... For whatever reason, I could play UT with a few more beers in me with a greater deal of success.
                        After the same amount, I find myself getting SMOKED in UT2K3... Not sure of it's the movement, weapon use, or if I just suck
                        exact same here.. My drink of choice while playing is a long island iced tea (homemade with absolut, bicardi, triple sec, sauza gold, and bombay gin) after one of those im already tending to get sloppy.. In UT i was awesome after my long island.
                        :bulb:

Comment

Yeah I drink on weekend nights, I usually play after going out so you guys' would be ashamed if you only knew how buzzed I was (if I was beating you). What I won't do is poor a drink out when you kill one of my homies in TDM.

Comment

Re: Drinking and fragging

Originally posted by stoker6

I notice that after 2 or 3 I get relaxed and seem to do a bit better. As the midnight hour approaches, and I have over indulged, I get complacent and start getting owned. I still keep playing though (and drinking)

How 'bout you guys? Are there those of you that take the game so seriously you don't drink & frag? You save the drinks for *after* the game? :haha:
                            Wtf,it could have been me posting that. :haha:

Originally posted by woohah
                            ahem

Girls are obsolete!

Comment

Originally posted by woohah
                              ahem

That's the typical post of someone who doesnt

Comment

Working...
                              X