Weapons and movement rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons and movement rock!

I had gripes with the UT2004 weapons at the beginning, particularly with the goo gun and the flak cannon.
    But meanwhile, I see the whole picture and I must admit that I was wrong and that the weapons are darn well balanced. Each weapon is fun to play with in some way.
    I love the movement, too. The easier dodge jumps and the more effective wall jumps make me want to bounce around all the time. Everything feels faster, wider, smoother.

gg Epic :up:

theres no other game outhere with so many great weapons. yeah, really gg epic

btw, moving owns, but its a shame they took out the boost dodge :cry:

Comment

While I'm generally more of a BF1942 sort of person, I actually found this game easier to adjust to than Q3A. Of course my friend regularly 0\/\/|\|5 me on 1 vs 1 Desolation. The action is much more well balanced than Q3A and is not quite as caffeinated as it either.

As for weapons, I find that in UT2K4 the weapon balance is generally very good (of course I've gotten more kills with a shield gun than the assault rifle ^_^) but occassionally depends on the map. For some reason I'm better with the Tri-Barrel Launcher on Idoma than on Desolation. For some reason it appears to be the only weapon that I've found to really vary in kill-ability from map to map (everything else seems to kill from map to map). My best guess is architecture of hallways and splash damage.

Comment

Yeah, I was a naysayer over the change in the goo gun. But I admit, I was wrong and they were right.

And Epic, thanks for taking the suggestion from the community to put back the instant gib effect when a player gets a full gob, versus the green death effect in the demo. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by KittyFantastico
          And Epic, thanks for taking the suggestion from the community to put back the instant gib effect when a player gets a full gob, versus the green death effect in the demo. :up:
          How about the Robot gib noises? They sound like someone kicked a metal bucket full of beer cans down a stairwell :haha: Absolutely excellent sound effect :up: Cracks me up...

Sorry Ultron...

Comment

[IMG]http://members.***.net/compwizard/indeed_data.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by OMGLIEKWTFBBQ
              [IMG]http://members.***.net/compwizard/indeed_data.jpg[/IMG]
              :haha: where do u dig up those pictures

Comment

Actually I love the power-down-servo noise that the robots make when they die. I also like the unique colored blood for each type of character (humans=red, skarj=green, robots=reddish purple like transmission or powersteering/hydraulic fluid).

Comment

With the exception of the buggy switch time from the sniper rifle, I agree. UT2004 seems to have well balanced weapons.

To bad there arent that many online players, atleast not as many as I had hoped for.

Comment

Amazingly, the new movement suits the old maps very well. I had frantic matches on DM-Phobos2 and DM-Grendelkeep yesterday. Wow! If you enjoy walljumping, check out the bottom hallway in Grendelkeep, where the shock rifle is spawned. That map feels like it was just designed for the UT2004 movement.

Comment

Working...
                    X