UnrealEd question need fast response so I will post here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealEd question need fast response so I will post here

I need to know where the vehicle booster is (sorta like the jump pad but for vehicles) so I can finalize my race course map

Sorry to tell you, but not sure if their is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
      Sorry to tell you, but not sure if their is one.
      Aw but I wanted to make the cars boost in my map

Comment

Can’t you maybe set up some kind of gravity zone that forces you in a certain direction? I saw something like that in the UT2004 VTM’s, but I haven’t tried it yet. If you did it right, I think it would work like a jump pad. :weird:

Comment

I will let a person that knows more about mapping talk, cause I havent tried this yet, and I bet it would be possible, just not sure how.

Comment

Originally posted by =XTR-45=
            Can’t you maybe set up some kind of gravity zone that forces you in a certain direction? I saw something like that in the UT2004 VTM’s, but I haven’t tried it yet. If you did it right, I think it would work like a jump pad. :weird:
            Good idea thanks

Comment

Hey, it works! I just tried it, and I got a level 250 daredevil in the Hellbender off a ramp I made. What you do is make a physics volume (mine was a 1024 cube but you might want to make it longer for more speed) and change the X and or Y gravity depending on which way your ramp is facing. I set mine to 1,000,000 and when you hit that volume, you really fly forward fast. It’s awesome! Now for a jump pad effect, change the Z gravity as well for the lift. It’s just something you have to play around with ‘till you get what you want.

Comment

like this upcoming Map by sabbathcat:

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/s...&page=26&pp=15

look at out 5-6 posts down pics of his vehicle booster map.

Comment

I Know Exactly How To Do It

I learned this from ONS-Tricky.

1.) First make a cube around the jump/ramp that you wan the boost to take place.

2.)Click on the volume box (bottom left transparent cube) and from the pop-up menu click 'Karmaboostvolume'.

3.)Now go into the (now white wireframe) box's properties and expand the KarmaBoostVolume section.

4.)Make 'bBoostRelative' True and set 'BoostForce' to however much fore you want.(ONS-Tricky's jumps are 1500)

5.)Now click add (on the AffectedClasses section) and scroll down to the ONS section and click on a vehicle you want the boost to apply to.(keep on adding and scrolling down for all the vehicles you want)

here is a list:

ONSPRV - hellbender
                  ONSRV - scorpion
                  ONSShockTank - Paladin or SHOCK TANK!!!
                  ONSMobileAssaultStation - Leviathan
                  ONSHoverTank - Goliath
                  ONSHoverBike - Manta
                  ONSArtillery - SPMA

This should work and if it doesn't, then your probably doing something wrong, so get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by u3190 View Post
                    This should work and if it doesn't, then your probably doing something wrong, so get over it!
                    That's kind of rude, but the joke is on you as apparently you didn't realize that you responded to a nearly four year old thread!

Comment

The OP said he needed a fast response.

03-29-2004 was when he asked this question.

12-05-2007 reply is EPIC slowpoke.

Comment

Working...
                      X