Someone remake all the old maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone remake all the old maps

Anyone else think they should remake and convert all the old original UT maps that shipped with the game....

I miss em - I skipped UT2003 cuz it blew compared to UT99 and most people I knew felt the same way.

Mixed reactions on the new maps make this a no-braininer.

Re-make and bring over the classic maps so people will migrate easier to the new game!

-Cyber

Nice idea, just wish i had the h/d space to put them all on

Comment

I was involved with a mod to bring UT into UT2k3 with all of the old maps, physics and such.

Very few people were interested.

There are already alot of ports out there of the old maps. Id have to say 80% of them have already been remade or ported in UT2k3. Those maps should work fine in UT2k4.

Comment

Re: Someone remake all the old maps

Originally posted by Cybergoblin

I miss em - I skipped UT2003 cuz it blew compared to UT99 and most people I knew felt the same way.
        ur missing out on some good stufff well not if you got ut 2004 :P

Comment

I would love a remake of all maps but with small adeptations so the game flow is good. Graphical update also.

Comment

Agony-2k4 would be fun.

Comment

Yeah, remakes would be great, if they where all in the UT2k4 Face Classic style.

Exactly the same map, but new textures and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Carn@ge
                Yeah, remakes would be great, if they where all in the UT2k4 Face Classic style.

Exactly the same map, but new textures and shit.
                But Face Classic is almost too much old stile...

Old layout and new textures thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by pbze
                  Nice idea, just wish i had the h/d space to put them all on
                  pbze, your avatar is going to give me nightmares for years to come...

Comment

People who “migrate” from one game to another should generally be experienced enough to adapt to the new format.

As for how re-makes are designed, I believe there are two schools of thought on the subject.

Comment

Lol, I remember some Quake 2 and 3 maps were made for GOTY, it was a trip to play them with UT weapons and graphics!

Comment

Originally posted by squoibymox
                        Lol, I remember some Quake 2 and 3 maps were made for GOTY, it was a trip to play them with UT weapons and graphics!
                        I played this mod level in UT of the first "Doom 1". It ahd the 2D health packs and everything, lol

Comment

Working...
                        X