[OT] Vid card temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Vid card temperature

How do i check my vid card's temperature?

cause i wanted to check if it overheating is whats causing a lil worse performance...

Re: [OT] Vid card temperature

Originally posted by Vonmaxl
    How do i check my vid card's temperature?

cause i wanted to check if it overheating is whats causing a lil worse performance...
    The old cards don't have temp probes on them...

Comment

What vidcard do you have? The newer geforce stuff/driver package has a temperature monitor thingy. Not sure how acurate it is, but that's one way, if you have a geforce card.

Originally posted by .InSanE.
      Lick your finger and then touch the top.
      that would hurt

Comment

One of those oven thermometers works well...

Seriously, you're gonna need some new hardware (Unless your card has a built in temp probe) and some new software for the temp probe.

If you think that your card is overheating, just pack fans around it or use some of those card coolers that slip into PCI slots. If all else fails, take off the case and get one of those big heavy wall fans and set it at full blast blowing through your case.

Comment

is there maybe any program i can download to do it for me so that i can get a more accurate reading?

i have a radeon 9800 pro by the way

Comment

nope because there is no temp probe in the card.

Comment

oh, ok, thnx

and from what i just discovered it seems to be that its actually either a voltage or a CPU problem when i run UT 2k4 and not the card temp. It really is a shame cause for the first 3 hours that i played the game it seemed to run perfectly on all highest settings, now it gets a lil choppy even with normal settings and 800 X 640 resolution...

Comment

Originally posted by Vonmaxl
                oh, ok, thnx

and from what i just discovered it seems to be that its actually either a voltage or a CPU problem when i run UT 2k4 and not the card temp. It really is a shame cause for the first 3 hours that i played the game it seemed to run perfectly on all highest settings, now it gets a lil choppy even with normal settings and 800 X 640 resolution...
                Comp stats? CPU? RAM? Etc...

Comment

:-D May I suggest making sure you have the latest drivers for your video card installed...

that could always be a helpful thing...

Comment

radeon 9800 pro 128mb
                    1.3mhz amd athalon processor
                    512mb ram
                    Asus a7n8x motherboard

nothing else i can think of.

and yeah, they arent that good, thats why i was so surprised that when i started the game ran perfectly for a while on full settings.

@illusion:
                    yeah, thats the first thing i do when i get a new vid card, i download the newest drivesr, and i got the card yesterday...

Comment

Sounds like it might be the power supply is going bad on you.

With my AIW9700PRO. ATI said I needed at least a 300watt supply.

So I put in a 600 watt one...

Comment

Originally posted by boatelc
                        Sounds like it might be the power supply is going bad on you.

With my AIW9700PRO. ATI said I needed at least a 300watt supply.

So I put in a 600 watt one...
                        so would it be easier to buy a new box with a better power supply or put a new one into my current comp box?

and if its easier to buy a new box, do u know if they sell the alienware ones?

Comment

There is more out there than Alienware

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=7&DEPA=0

http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_...58615208e6c41a

Comment

Alienware ones look the coolest though

Comment

Working...
                            X