why o why did they include voice chats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why o why did they include voice chats

Just played a game of CTF where 2 guys were constantly calling eachother names (longest silence must have been like 2 seconds).

is there a way to
    a) kickvote them?
    b) turn off these voicechats all together?

Hearing these guys made me think this voicething is the worst part about UT.

Yep, those people are annoying and on every server too. Gotta love VOIP abuse!! Anyway yes you can turn it off, or turn the volume so far down you can't hear it anyway (voice volume) It's in sound under the voice options. You'll have to click configure I think it is.

Comment

By right clicking on their name on the esc menu you can ignore individuals I believe.

Comment

you do realize that you can leave the chat channel they are talking on don't you..... check in your options to see what the key is bound to. i think the default is V.

Comment

VOIP owns as im on 56k and dont lag with it so my clan dont mind using it

Comment

Few are leaders

My problem with voice is everyone thinks he's a friggin leader.A lot of these guys want too be leaders and thats fine but if you have a team of pros or even guys that just want too enjoy the game constantly barking orders is just not helpful.Advice and helpful hints are good.

Comment

That's nothing. Last night I was playing on a server and some fool was streaming his music through the voice chat, and he was a spectator. It caused the entire server to lag and it ended up crashing my computer.

Comment

Guys, just turn it off. It's as simple as that.

It is virtually impossible to have 100% pseudo-intelligent banter while playing on a public server. Just give up now...

Comment

Originally posted by damicatz
                  That's nothing. Last night I was playing on a server and some fool was streaming his music through the voice chat, and he was a spectator. It caused the entire server to lag and it ended up crashing my computer.
                  This is more common than verbal arguements....alot more common on the servers I went too anyway. Glad I turned it off...

Comment

Ah good that you can turn it off I'm a n00b (when it comes to UT, not FPS's).

That leaves the question of kicking people (by vote) like you can in Q3.

Comment

Like pez said you can just mute people, its right there in the esc menu, no need to go turning the whole thing off for the sake of a few idiots

Comment

The other night I was in a game where everybody was sharing movie reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by SEALsTroyN
                          Yep, those people are annoying and on every server too. Gotta love VOIP abuse!! Anyway yes you can turn it off, or turn the volume so far down you can't hear it anyway (voice volume) It's in sound under the voice options. You'll have to click configure I think it is.
                          I can't stand it either. I was on ONS the other night and while trying to ward of two serious crazies with flak cannons I suddenly heard what sounded like somebody's 5 year-old female child babbling into the microphone. It completely threw me off to the point I stopped fighting and was fragged. I couldn't believe it. I typed, "GET YOUR KID OFF THIS SERVER YOU IDIOT!" Two minutes later, again the kid. I got ****** and left the server.

Thanks for the head's up everyone on how to turn that **** off forever. :up:

Another reason I can't stand it is because it's always so broken up. On only ONE ocassion have I ever been able to understand somebody. It's usually, "G...no...dur...echit...endri...cho...". I'm envisioning some idiot on 56k dial-up pretending to be commander-in-chief with his cheap-*** microphone on with a ping time of 846. I also hate it when their moniker pops into view while speaking and suddenly lowers all other sounds. Something else could be causing that but it always seems to happen during VoIP.

Epic, get rid of VoIP. It's ABUSED GARBAGE! (go ahead VoIP lamers, flame away)

Epic, at least provide a check box to DISABLE VoIP client side. It's bad enough one has to read the BS arguing of pre-pubescent 12 year-olds, but worse when you have to hear it as well.

EDIT: Found the option - thanks all!

-XBN

Comment

Originally posted by XBN202

Epic, least provide a check box to DISABLE VoIP client side. It's bad enough one has to read the BS arguing of pre-pubescent 12 year-olds, but worse when you have to hear it as well.

-XBN
                            I believe you can disable it, check the audio options or just options in general.

I've actually found it useful when you've got a couple guys in a vehicle together. In Halo you could just yell at each other from across the room, but now at least you can semi-coordinate your efforts. Also it's useful when you're chasing behind an empty hellbender and want the **** driver to stop so you can get in. Unfortunately I never figured out how to pronounce
                            ][x][\/`\/`xchng.

Comment

Originally posted by XBN202
                              Epic, at least provide a check box to DISABLE VoIP client side.
                              Err, have you tried the audio tab in the options?

edit: beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X