People Who Didn't Get SE - Headset Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People Who Didn't Get SE - Headset Suggestions

Well, I was one of the unlucky many that couldn't snag a copy of UT2004 SE. But based on the suggestions I got from this forum, I purchased the Plantronics .Audio 90. It's very comfortable and has great sound quality. Best of all, it can be found for 15 bucks on Amazon (that's where I got mine and one for a friend).

Does anyone have another headset to recommend to the masses? The purpose of this thread is to simply get more people on voice! It makes Onslaught so much more strategic, and therefore, fun.

I also have Plantronics.. though i have a bit more expensive model. They are my second pair of Plantronics in a row.

I've used headphones a lot for about 35 years and headphones with mics since i started using 3D voice chat VR in 96 and would recommend Plantronics to anyone. They have a wide range from very cheap to extremely expensive.

Oh no.. i feel like i just did a commercial.. but i wont get paid. :weird:

Comment

I have these....

SENNHEISER PC150

http://www.veronica.co.uk/pc150.htm

Very nice.

Comment

Hmm, the SENNHEISERs would probably be too expensive for the budget gamer (I'd be one of them). Anymore suggestions? We need more people on voice in ONS.

Comment

Logitech has some snazzy ones. They install literally instantly and are a snap to use. Check them out. Mine cost a cool 40 bucks and are remarkably clear. **** comfy too.

Comment

I've got this one :

http://www.logitech.be/index.cfm/pro...CONTENTID=6338

I'm very happy with it, and it wasn't THAT expensive. If I remember correctly, I payed around € 40 for it.

Comment

I'd be more upset about not getting the VTMs than not getting the headset, it's **** anyways :up:

I mean it's nice of Atari to bundle it, it's just really not for me (I have a set of $100 headphones, and wow, sound quality up the wazoo).

Comment

Originally posted by Carn@ge
                I've got this one :

http://www.logitech.be/index.cfm/pro...CONTENTID=6338

I'm very happy with it, and it wasn't THAT expensive. If I remember correctly, I payed around € 40 for it.
                Hey! Me too.

See? Everyone is doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CavernTan
                  Hmm, the SENNHEISERs would probably be too expensive for the budget gamer (I'd be one of them). Anymore suggestions? We need more people on voice in ONS.
                  only $40

Comment

If you don't want to fork out for the Sennheisers (definitely my next set - didn't know they also did sets with built-in mic), you'll find something in the Plantronics range that'll suit your needs. Using the Plantronics Audio.90 myself here. Very good for the money.

edit: and one of the only ones of those cheaper models that actually gives you some bass.

Comment

like he said...

The "caveman" and I got those .90s pretty cheap ($15). Of course I'm still trying to find the ideal solution to having to unplug my speakers every time I want to use them as my box currently lacks the mic port on the front (merely a headphone jack on the front).

Comment

I wonder if a Headphone/Mic to USB convertor exists... hmm. I hate reaching around back, just to unplug my center speaker + subwoofer just to put in my headset... bah....

Edit : Actually, is there any kick *** high quality heatsets that exist in usb flavour?

Comment

Originally posted by XP2
                          I wonder if a Headphone/Mic to USB convertor exists... hmm. I hate reaching around back, just to unplug my center speaker + subwoofer just to put in my headset... bah....

Edit : Actually, is there any kick *** high quality heatsets that exist in usb flavour?
                          I Have seen both, a converter and *** kicking usb ones. Now if I could only remember where....

EDIT:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...eId=cat1430032

Comment

Well thankfully my next board will have the ability to support front ports on the case. However, is there anyway other than have them come with the case to install front ports (for anything) coming from the internal plugs in a box?

Comment

Don't know, but you can always go for a little speakers <> headset switch .

Comment

Working...
                              X