Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More strange ideas for multi-team games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by InsaneLag
    A 4-way ons match would mean the first two teams out would have to wait for god knows how long for the other two to finish. Wouldn't work :down:
    would mean new maps also same for multi ctf

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Then ehm... When a team is destroyed, the teammates are shared among the other teams?

Or you could give each team a specific target. For example,

Red has to destroy Blue
    Blue has to destroy Green
    Green has to destroy Yellow
    Yellow has to destroy Red

Whoever destoys his target first is the winner.

Should be very interesting. This concept works in RTS games, let's hope it works here too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A 4-way ons match would mean the first two teams out would have to wait for god knows how long for the other two to finish. Wouldn't work :down:
    Of course, that's why I said it would need changes. CTF4 required new maps, that's about it. Multi ONS would need something along the lines of 1 core for teams to try to connect to and charge up first. They can go and mess up other teams' progress, and owning more nodes would help their core charge faster, plus there should be a time limit to keep games from dragging on. In a way, it'd be like DOM, but with a "connect the nodes" twist.

This is only one quick idea I had, and there's gotta be other ways of making it work should people wanna try the idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4-way Classic DOM !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DarkHydra
    Why would that be? There's always nodes to attack
    Not if your power cores been destroyed and you're waiting for the other three teams to finish :weird:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why would that be? There's always nodes to attack

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want Multy Teams Back! Multy Team CTF pwned! :up:

Leave a comment:

• started a topic More strange ideas for multi-team games.

More strange ideas for multi-team games.

Has anyone ever played CFT4 for 99? I thought that was a blast, although evidently not that popular. Definitely adds an interesting touch to standard CTF. I was curious if this would be ported to 04? Haven't seen anything here and I forget the link to the site that used to host the 99 version.

And while I'm at it, I was thinking today if it'd be possible to make a multi team version of ONS, AS, DDOM, or whatever. I have no idea how it'd work, and I'm sure it'll require some changes (I highly doubt it would be possible as they are now), but does anyone else think this might be a cool idea to try? I dunno if 03 had support for more than 2 teams, and I don't see any clues yet whether 04 has support either.
Working...
X