OddStuff 2004 Global Config Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OddStuff 2004 Global Config Database

I was going to leave this until later into project development, but I couldnt help but share my idea with you guys.

Basically I'm coding a program at the moment that will (with the use of a global username / password), allow you to download your config and play with it INSTANTLY on any computer in the world. Be it a lan café, tournament environment or other.

Players will be able to update their configs at any time, from any place, uploading all their ingame data. Sensitive data such as server passwords and global id logins will be optional.

The system is extremely fast and simple and believe it or not saves a lot of time. I hope to update you guys with screens and more information as soon as possible. If anyone is interested in helping this project with bandwidth/ftp space, please contact me with a PM.

Talk to you soon

Sounds awesome. Good luck with it. :up:

Comment

Now THAT is a good idea. Good luck with that m8 :up:

Comment

I'm also planning on having an option to make your in-game config public, if the player wishes, and some standard configs suggested by some of the top players, which will hopefully help people newer to the game to progress.

Comment

Nice idea, especially for the LAN players and internet-cafe players. The only drawback is that people might afraid an app like this will 'steal' their CDKey, stat password, etc.

Maybe make it as a mutator? Mutators are much safer than external apps, and I don't think you can steal a CDKey with a mutator.

If this mutator gets accepted and used, every LAN and internet-cafe installation of UT2004 will contain it by default, and then you can get the user config from within the game.

Comment

The main problem with a mutator is you have to be on a server that supports it. Id like this to be universal.

Comment

Working...
            X