Can't Unlock 3 Special Characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descentia
    uuuh...I take it this will be fixed in the patch...right?
    yes

Comment

Originally posted by Cenotaph
      this line only appears in the .ini after u play an online match, then u just need to insert Malcolm;Xan;ClanLord there, and that is case sensitive so if u write malcolm or MALCOLM it wont unlock the skin. its much easier to edit the user.ini tbh
      Not to mention that when editing the INI you're still sure that you will be able to play online... something that is not the case when you edit the game's original UPL files.

Comment

Originally posted by SEALsTroyN
        I didn't cheat, matter of fact I spent an ungodful amount of time in the boring SP trying to figure this out. Beat it on Experienced with no cheats, Bloodrited every team until they weren't available anymore, challenged every team to a head-to-head atleast once, accepted every challenge, beat malcolm 5 times now, over 1000 kills, over 100 matches. All in all that took about 5 days. Unlocked nothing. It is most definetly a bug. I have not heard of ONE single person who has unlocked the skins the "legit" way.
        im with this guy i spend many hours on the game ( 13 hours and 30 minutes a day)

Comment

Yeah, dont edit the UPL files.

UTSecure, for some dumb **** reason will detect it and you will get an error.

Comment

Hmmmm... Ive seen Malcom and Xan alot on the net but never clanlord.. Dont even know how he looks :P

Comment

Originally posted by Taxidermy
              Hmmmm... Ive seen Malcom and Xan alot on the net but never clanlord.. Dont even know how he looks :P
              Clanlord looks like Drakoerig (probably didn't spell this right, but i'm at work so I can't check), but instead of yellow skin, he's blue-greyish.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxidermy
                In instant action, you can go to game rules, change the # of bots to "use the bot roster", click on the bot roster tab, and you can add those three to play in instant action. My directions are only as good as my memory. :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by teh roxxors
                  That is exactly what I tried to do at first, without any success. I don't know why some people get it to work with editing USER.INI and some don't. In fact, many people open up USER.INI and find that there is no TotalUnlockedCharacters= at all.
                  You need to join an online game through the UT2k4 server browser first and the TotalUnlockedCharacters line will be added to your USER.INI.

Comment

high scores

It´s not true that your name doesn´t appear in high scores!!!!But you have to beat the game in at least level 3(i did it and got in first place-inhuman experienced-)

Comment

heh, sweetness.

I can play as Malcolm ( i made sure to look in the game to see if i spelt that right but i'm sure that isnt right.... looks so much different then how i've seen his name spelt.)

Coolest character

Unrelated qestion : how come Mr Crow's name is announced? No one elses is announced... ( when you selecet your player for online usage.)

Comment

Originally posted by windigo
                        Unrelated qestion : how come Mr Crow's name is announced? No one elses is announced... ( when you selecet your player for online usage.)
                        EPIC took it out for those who bump threads from last year. For me ALL the characters are announced.

Comment

Working...
                        X