Looking for an IRC robot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an IRC robot...

I need an IRC bot to list a few servers for me (public ones).

e.g. someone comes into the channel and types !servers
    and the servers we have entered into the bot will be listed with the number of players in it (and that's it, and with the ip's of course).

anyone know where i can get this kind of irc bot?

i also want it to be non-serverside. so that it queries the master list.

any help is appreciated. thanks

-DaRk

when everyone else posts on the OT forum when they're supposed to. perhaps you should go to those 10,000 other threads that deserve to be on OT. thanks.

Comment

Nobody likes a forum nazi.

Comment

Actually this is on topic in my opinion, he is asking for an IRC bot to keep track of his UT2k4 servers, the players on them, and the IP. Why is it off topic?

As for your question, I don't know, sorry. I have seen them before but the ones I saw were programmed by them and for use only on their channels so it IS possible.

Comment

I could probably learn how to get the server info and code one :bulb:

Comment

find an old 200MHZ pentium box, throw on some simple os, say GNU/Linux or some form of BSD. Grab Eggdrop, and start reading up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrÐ~
              I could probably learn how to get the server info and code one :bulb:
              I know you think NoNameScript sucks, but it's game server browser wouldn't be too hard to modify for an on text !servers event. :up: Or you could just figure it how it gets it's information and go from there. :bulb:

Comment

i have one if you talking about this ...

[11:24] <digz`> query whorehouze2k4
                [11:24] «@ServBot`» Querying: ut2004://69.93.45.3:7777
                [11:24] «@ServBot`» Server:[$TeXas_WhoreHouZe$_] Map:[CTF-COLOSSUS] Total/Max:[7/14]
                [11:24] «@ServBot`» Players: ChiefVW:20 WoodChuk:9 Danimal:9 Hammer:-2

Comment

Originally posted by digz
                  i have one if you talking about this ...
                  I've been looking for one too...

Comment

digz: neat concept, is that an eggie?

Comment

you can do it yourself w/ mirc. open scripts editor and add this under remote tab
                      Code:
                      on *:text:!servers:#yourchannel:/notice $nick blah blah blah blah blah
                      or you can change /notice $nick to " /msg #channel blah blah blah"

Comment

Originally posted by Spectracide
                        you can do it yourself w/ mirc. open scripts editor and add this under remote tab
                        Code:
                        on *:text:!servers:#yourchannel:/notice $nick blah blah blah blah blah
                        or you can change /notice $nick to " /msg #channel blah blah blah"
                        That won't give number of players playing, score, ect....

Comment

no its not eggdrop its mirc script that a friend made.

It has a server list so u can add what servers u want like ,

[04:29] <digz`> !servers
                          [04:29] «@ServBot`» [ZP.IG.Servers]: NLA, NLA2, NLAMatch, ViTaaYm, 3D, s3, 44oz, RedStars, WeedShop, Str8, DaM, NBA, g0d :::
                          [04:29] «@ServBot`» [Reg.IG.Servers]: RR-SA, RR-SA2, Phoenix, GODz, yS, Dead Kennedys :::
                          [04:29] «@ServBot`» [ZP.Sniper.Servers]: Sups, TSU, TSU2, VDS, VDS2, FSS, SnipersHeaven:::
                          [04:29] «@ServBot`» [Weapons.CTF.Servers]: WhoreHouZe, WhoreHouZe][, ThePub, DK, gamebox, WreckRoom, TLB, PIClan, TheVoid, BlackProjects, bp, bp2, bp3, 69th, ZooZ :::
                          [04:29] «@ServBot`» [UT2K4.Servers]: WhoreHouZe2K4, Octane :::

Then whatever server on list you want to query just type query <servername> or you can do query <ip>

Its a basic script that could be improved alot but if you want it grab it
                          Here

i have changed mine some so it will query UT2K4 servers also

Comment

What did you have to change to get it query 2k4 servers?

Comment

UT servers are port 7778 and UT2k4 are 7787 for queries

Comment

Working...
                              X