Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Originally posted by teh roxxors
    Why in the hell did you people decide to make one vehicle that operated unlike anything else in the game? The controls are abominable, and I think someone went out of his way to make it a pain in the *** to figure out.

There's no changing the point-of-view, unlike every other vehicle in the game.

The field of view of the space sequence is what exactly? A fish eye on *** trip kinda thing you thought was cool? What's with all the warping forward and backward? What in the hell did you want--to give people severe motion sickness? Why not make every other vehicle in the game warp around randomly, too--so the ENTIRE game sucks, and not just the one map?

And do you realize players can't see what in the hell they're shooting at? Unlike any other space sim I've ever seen, you don't know if you're hitting anything, until you get a message you killed someone.

"You killed Malcolm."
    "I did? How in the **** did I do that? Killed him with what? I can't even see what I'm shooting at!"

I don't know what you guys were thinking. The space vehicles should work like everything else in the game. Instead, you've made it look like some budget console trash that has no business being on a computer hard drive.

AS-MotherShip is a black eye on an otherwise fine game. Please do something about it, like take it out of the **** game.
    First off, the controls are easy and intuitive for a space fighter sim. Go play one of the X-Wing or Wing COmmander games and I bet your head will spin. Of course, people didn't go around saying those games were **** just because someone can't navigate in 3-dimensions.

The warping effect simulates speed in space. Takes some time to get used to, but once you do it's not a problem. Same with the controls...once you get the barrel roll down pat you'll never get hit by another missle.

In case you were wondering, the lasers and missles show a very obvious splash when they make contact with an enemies' shields. Get better at aiming and maybe you'll see it more often.

Also, you can change the view to outside the cockpit by pressing F4.

Lay off Epic....they did a really good job with Mothership and the space fighters, and once you learn how to control them they're quite fun. This isn't Deathmatch where you can pick up a flak cannon and spam, nor Onslaught where you can jump in a Manta and run people over, this map requires SKILL to actually score ANY kills. Get better at it before you whine, because by the evidence in your post you haven't even tried.

P.S.: If you'd bothered reading the other topics with gripes similar to your (and titles I might add), I posted a rather lengthly strategy guide of how best to use the space fighters, as well as for the rest of the map. Since this is the umphteenth topic I've seen of this nature, I'm through being helpful. It's a lot easier just to rack up TOP GUNs all day than try to explain it to the deaf.

Comment

i love mothership, i just dont play it cuz it akes me 5mins to load

Comment

Mothership is a great map (esp indoors)!
        ...but those Spacefighters are nowhere NEAR the same calibre of vehicle design as the rest of the lineup. They're awkward and simplistic, while everything else is intuitive and creative (not to mention badass). They don't feel like 'Unreal vehicles' IMO, and should be taken back to the drawing board.

But hey, thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor_Saturn
          i love mothership, i just dont play it cuz it akes me 5mins to load
          Woa what system specs you got

Comment

Re: AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Originally posted by teh roxxors
            Who designed this trash?

It is the worst map in the game and makes use of the worst vehicles I've ever seen in ANY game.

Why in the hell did you people decide to make one vehicle that operated unlike anything else in the game? The controls are abominable, and I think someone went out of his way to make it a pain in the *** to figure out.

There's no changing the point-of-view, unlike every other vehicle in the game.

The field of view of the space sequence is what exactly? A fish eye on *** trip kinda thing you thought was cool? What's with all the warping forward and backward? What in the hell did you want--to give people severe motion sickness? Why not make every other vehicle in the game warp around randomly, too--so the ENTIRE game sucks, and not just the one map?

And do you realize players can't see what in the hell they're shooting at? Unlike any other space sim I've ever seen, you don't know if you're hitting anything, until you get a message you killed someone.

"You killed Malcolm."
            "I did? How in the **** did I do that? Killed him with what? I can't even see what I'm shooting at!"

I don't know what you guys were thinking. The space vehicles should work like everything else in the game. Instead, you've made it look like some budget console trash that has no business being on a computer hard drive.

AS-MotherShip is a black eye on an otherwise fine game. Please do something about it, like take it out of the **** game.
            Well, since you have spewed out a completely thoughtless post, I will too.

Comment

Myself, I like Mothership. Especially strafing turrets with laserfire.

If there's somethign I'd change, I'd increase the speed, and inform the players the docking bay is OPPOSITE form the starting bay.

Comment

I played it once and that was it. This is not how AS is supposed to be imo.

Comment

I love this map
                  I love flight sims!!! :up: Thats why the first part of this map rocks

Check the sig please!

Comment

am bored of the mothership now, but i would never say it was a **** map, its a great map to show off the two spaceships to give mapers an idear of how to inclued them into there own maps . but i do wish we had that AS level that you have to storm the beach in ut99, that was an amazing AS map

Comment

press f4 for external camera

Comment

Comment

I agree this map is trash. I was looking on the cover of the UT2004 when I boguht it eager to play this map. I get home play it and I'm like wtf...

Comment

The best way to win in mothership early battle is set your mouse sensitivity way up

Anyways mothership is a cool map. If you don't like it, too bad because its here to stay for sure.

Comment

The space fighting is very bland. There's one ship, One gun, one missile and NO variety. With proper classes (UT2005, anyone?) it would be good.

Inside is OK.

Comment

I have to agree with this thread. AS-Mothership was the first 2k4 map I just stopped playing in the middle of the game. It was just unendurably un-fun. It was, in my opinion, the DM-Serpentine of the Assault world. But at least it's flawed in a gooed way: being very ambitious, and falling short, as opposed to Serpentine, which is lame, stale, and still falls short even of that.

But I'm not too wild about the new Assault in general, so I can't really say how this map stacks up against the other Assault offerings.

Comment

Working...
                                X