AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teh roxxors
    I don't lack the skill to put a foot up some punk kid's ***.
    :haha:
    You sure showed me.

And the map is slow, too slow for me. Add to that controls made for some kiddie console, and I get ****** off.
    If you get ****** off over a video game, you have anger issues; and probably reality issues.

Now please take your 1337 act to another thread, where maybe someone will be impressed by it. I'm not impressed by it, your insults, or you.
    "1337 act"? Uh, I don't know where you got that one from, but I'm not trying to impress anyone; especially not you.

Now, please, take your e-tough guy act to another forum where somebody else might be intimidated.

Comment

I like playing with the ships in Onslaught. Gotta turn off AVRiLs though, those things'll own ya way too badly for it to be fun. Too bad you can't play online with them. I'm sure people will come out with some maps including them though.

Comment

AVRiLs arent a problem at all in ONS, as a matter of a fact they balance ONS out. Yeah AS-MotherShip isnt slow at all, its a perfect speed, you dont have to travel a million light years per hour to have a space map enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Valjiin
          I like playing with the ships in Onslaught. Gotta turn off AVRiLs though, those things'll own ya way too badly for it to be fun. Too bad you can't play online with them. I'm sure people will come out with some maps including them though.
          Without the Avrils the people without vehicles are at a disadvantage. But I understand what you mean cause the AVRiLs do own but look how easy someone in a vehicle can own a footman.

Phamous ~1~

Comment

IMO, Avril secondary fire should be disabled and all homing in should be manual. Of course, that would require some sort of nerf on the manta side, or an increase of effectiveness on mantas for the avril. Perhaps Avrils could have a "fire-and-forget" mode on mantas, but with a limited missile lifespan?

Shrug, just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalNoob
              I agree somewhat with the original post. It's way too hard to see things, wether you're in a fighter or a turret.

It's an awesome idea with a half-***** implementation. Not the first time in the history of software development, nor the last.

It was probably something they toyed with at the start of the project, and made the mistake of showing it to a pointy-haired exec at Atari - who loved it and wouldn't let the developers remove it from the final build, even though they insisted it wasn't ready for primetime. I know, I've seen it happen so many times...

Originality: A+
              Execution: D

I have to agree here. The idea is awesome, but the execution is botched. I think the map would've been much better if it were over a ground base instead of a space station - the terrain and lighter sky would've made a backdrop one could use to see the other fighters.

Once inside the station, this map is as good as any other assault map, but overall I think it's the weakest. That's no skin off UT2k4's back though - it's still the best Multiplayer Shooter ever created.

My vote for best AS map goes to FallenCity - what a blast.

Comment

I think that the turrets need a targeting mechanism.

Comment

At first I thought it was ****...and the BOTs on sp sure can make a mockery of you but once you play it a bit you get good at it and can figure out what is going on...The mouse acc is a little under power...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepless

Once inside the station, this map is as good as any other assault map, but overall I think it's the weakest. That's no skin off UT2k4's back though - it's still the best Multiplayer Shooter ever created.
                    Yes, what he said!

UT2004 is great - but it doesn't mean it can't be improved. Again, a great idea to be explored further in the future. The first iteration was just below the rest of the game's standard.

Comment

I love MotherShip. It took me a couple of rounds to get used to the controls, but once you do, they work well. Except for one small thing, I think. The default mouse sensitivity for shooting is perfect for me, but in the spaceships it feels a little low. Epic should just make it the same as first person shooting because I think most people are like me in that they would like the same sensitivity in both modes. On a related note, you are an idiot teh roxxors. You can't change POV? Hit F4, just like in every other vehicle in the game. You can't see what you shooting at? It puts a little green box around your target because space is dark. Try shooting in the green box. You'll hit them.

Comment

AS-MOTHERSHIP IS THE BEST MAP IN THE GAME!!!

I don't feel like explaining why cause i already posted why in another thread on this topic.

Mothership owns! BEst SpAce mAp so FaR!!

I want another one in a future bonus pack or from the community with space dogfighting.......

As-glacier is really good 2 but I like flying in space better!

The dogfighting part works really good with my wingman rumble pad!!!w00t

Comment

That map starts when you'r in the ship then its cool

from outside its Bad Not my type off map but sure cool for newbie's

but maybe those ships need some more speed to add some fun!

Comment

Re: AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Originally posted by teh roxxors
                            Who designed this trash? EPIC.

It is the worst map in the game and makes use of the worst vehicles I've ever seen in ANY game. Well, that's your opinion.

Why in the hell did you people decide to make one vehicle that operated unlike anything else in the game? The controls are abominable, and I think someone went out of his way to make it a pain in the *** to figure out. Try reading the manual, mabey that will show you how to use it.

There's no changing the point-of-view, unlike every other vehicle in the game. They did that for good reason.

The field of view of the space sequence is what exactly? A fish eye on *** trip kinda thing you thought was cool? What's with all the warping forward and backward? What in the hell did you want--to give people severe motion sickness? Why not make every other vehicle in the game warp around randomly, too--so the ENTIRE game sucks, and not just the one map? Dude, the fighters dont warp... Your field of view automatically widens when you speed up, so you can see more.

And do you realize players can't see what in the hell they're shooting at? Unlike any other space sim I've ever seen, you don't know if you're hitting anything, until you get a message you killed someone. There is a targeting computer that has very bright green boxes around your targets that your missiles are locked to.

"You killed Malcolm."
                            "I did? How in the **** did I do that? Killed him with what? I can't even see what I'm shooting at!" Lower your contrast and raise your brightness.

I don't know what you guys were thinking. The space vehicles should work like everything else in the game. Instead, you've made it look like some budget console trash that has no business being on a computer hard drive. Imagine how hard it would be to fly through the mothership with the raptor's controlls.

AS-MotherShip is a black eye on an otherwise fine game. Please do something about it, like take it out of the **** game. Oh, lets take out space fighters and AS-Mothership because one guy wants it to be out!

Comment

I like AS-Mothership even though the bots have kicked
                              my *** in the ships. I'll keep trying and figure out the best
                              moves. One question. Is that little blue radar screen showing
                              the enemy ships positions or not? The reason that I ask is
                              when I looked at it, it seemed to show more radar blips
                              than the number of enemy troops I was playing against
                              or maybe my eyes were tricking me during the intensity
                              of the battle.

Comment

Re: Re: AS-Mothership is ****!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skarjj Master

Thats a slimmed down, less offensive version of what I said!

Comment

Working...
                                X