AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teh roxxors
    No, it's the "Designers had their head up their *** and made a lousy map" post. OK?

The game itself isn't too hard. In fact, the entire map doesn't suck--it's just the part outside the mothership that doesn't measure up to the rest of the game. And it doesn't measure up by a LONG shot. They need to rework that portion that it fits within the overarching look & feel of the game--or remove it entirely.

You may like things that suck, but I don't. Sorry if that means I'm stepping on your weenie.
    Just because you lack the skill (or awareness) to dodge a slow-moving missile doesn't mean the map sucks. I will admit that it would be nice if the space combat were faster paced (spacecraft move faster and missiles receive a proportionate speed increase), but it isn't anywhere near being a "horrible" map.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalNoob
      a pointy-haired exec

Anyways, I still don't have the game yet, so I can't really have an opinion on the spacefighters' controls. :bulb:

Comment

I like flying the Raptor.

But the two Space Fighters suck. They suck BAD.

The controls are as counter-intuitive as humanly possible. Really, I think someone went out of his way to make it as miserable as he possibly could.

I just can't overlook someone stepping so far outside the look and feel of the rest of the game.

AS-MotherShip is sloppy. Someone just threw the space combat together thoughtlessly.

Comment

Re: AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Who designed this trash?

It is the worst map in the game and makes use of the worst vehicles I've ever seen in ANY game.

Why in the hell did you people decide to make one vehicle that operated unlike anything else in the game? The controls are abominable, and I think someone went out of his way to make it a pain in the *** to figure out.

There's no changing the point-of-view, unlike every other vehicle in the game.

The field of view of the space sequence is what exactly? A fish eye on *** trip kinda thing you thought was cool? What's with all the warping forward and backward? What in the hell did you want--to give people severe motion sickness? Why not make every other vehicle in the game warp around randomly, too--so the ENTIRE game sucks, and not just the one map?

And do you realize players can't see what in the hell they're shooting at? Unlike any other space sim I've ever seen, you don't know if you're hitting anything, until you get a message you killed someone.

"You killed Malcolm."
          "I did? How in the **** did I do that? Killed him with what? I can't even see what I'm shooting at!"

I don't know what you guys were thinking. The space vehicles should work like everything else in the game. Instead, you've made it look like some budget console trash that has no business being on a computer hard drive.

AS-MotherShip is a black eye on an otherwise fine game. Please do something about it, like take it out of the **** game.
          -WAHHH I can't fly a ship-

BTW: There's no changing the point-of-view, unlike every other vehicle in the game.

F4 moron.

Comment

Re: AS-Mothership is ****!!!

"Who designed this trash?"

Well, the developers of the rest of the game did. Moron.

"It is the worst map in the game and makes use of the worst vehicles I've ever seen in ANY game."

Worst? No. Hard to adjust to? Maybe. Worst map in an awesome game means good, and this is one amazing map, so stfu up already.

"Why in the hell did you people decide to make one vehicle that operated unlike anything else in the game? The controls are abominable, and I think someone went out of his way to make it a pain in the *** to figure out."

Because everything else operates entirley diffrently. What, you want a Raptor in outer space? In Zero Gravity? I know this game isn't realistic, but besides that, it wouldn't be challenging. Play it online with a bunch of well natured people and you'll know what I mean.

"The field of view of the space sequence is what exactly? A fish eye on *** trip kinda thing you thought was cool? What's with all the warping forward and backward? What in the hell did you want--to give people severe motion sickness? Why not make every other vehicle in the game warp around randomly, too--so the ENTIRE game sucks, and not just the one map?"

Are you listening to yourself? You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! The so called warping is the change of speed, because when you're traveling at that speed in zero g, **** happens. If you don't get severe motion sickness from bouncing around Antalus trying to frag someone, you won't get motion sickness from this.

"And do you realize players can't see what in the hell they're shooting at? Unlike any other space sim I've ever seen, you don't know if you're hitting anything, until you get a message you killed someone."

This is why they implented the targeting feature. Use it. If you can't see a bright green square (which is also indicated by a bright green line when its not onscreen) against the blackness of space, you've been playing this game way too much, and for none the better, apparently.

"You killed Malcolm." "I did? How in the **** did I do that? Killed him with what? I can't even see what I'm shooting at!"

With a lock on missile, or a lucky shot. I can't imagine you doing it at the immediate result of your skill, or obvious lack thereof.

"I don't know what you guys were thinking. The space vehicles should work like everything else in the game. Instead, you've made it look like some budget console trash that has no business being on a computer hard drive."

They were thinking "hey! Maybe a change of pace or originality would be nice!" and how right they were! This is one of the best levels ever, and you're just plain wrong. Budget console trash still probably looks better than you. They should not work like everything else, because they are not like everything else.

"AS-MotherShip is a black eye on an otherwise fine game. Please do something about it, like take it out of the **** game. "

A black eye? Come on, at least that could have been good.

Comment

I like flying the Raptor.

But the two Space Fighters suck. They suck BAD.

The controls are as counter-intuitive as humanly possible. Really, I think someone went out of his way to make it as miserable as he possibly could.

I just can't overlook someone stepping so far outside the look and feel of the rest of the game.

AS-MotherShip is sloppy. Someone just threw the space combat together thoughtlessly.
              Geez man this isnt ****ing Wing Commander or Freelance. Its a FPS with a Space Combat map. Give the people at Epic so kind of gratitude for even attempting to make a map featuring Spaceship Dogfighting. I myself and many others have gotten use to the controls and developed a little something called skill. Try playing it online cause the Bots seem to have ridiculous aim on that map...

Seriously though just get use to it...

Phamous ~1~

Comment

I think that mothership could be alot better if they just came up with a better contol method for the space fighters. I was thinking something more along the line of freelancer's ship control. That's probably the only game to ever get mouse controlled space combat right.

Comment

Re: Re: AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Originally posted by vhx

F4 moron.
                  Nice rebuke, sport.

Another one of those "don't say a word against my favorite game in the entire world!!!" guys...

Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno
                    Just because you lack the skill (or awareness) to dodge a slow-moving missile doesn't mean the map sucks. I will admit that it would be nice if the space combat were faster paced (spacecraft move faster and missiles receive a proportionate speed increase), but it isn't anywhere near being a "horrible" map.
                    I don't lack the skill to put a foot up some punk kid's ***.

And the map is slow, too slow for me. Add to that controls made for some kiddie console, and I get ****** off.

Now please take your 1337 act to another thread, where maybe someone will be impressed by it. I'm not impressed by it, your insults, or you.

Comment

It's a good map. Could have been much better in terms of vehicle combat, as you say. But the entire theme as a whole is very good, and quite fun.

Comment

i like mothership....in fact, i think someone is working on the map called "fathership".

i like all *** maps actually...

Comment

Originally posted by PwNd
                          i like mothership....in fact, i think someone is working on the map called "fathership".

i like all *** maps actually...
                          "***" maps?
                          "fathership"??

You're drunk, man!!
                          :haha:

Comment

the spaceships are a wee bit lame...but this is the product's first space iteration..it'll improve. and it wasnt THAT bad.

the rest of the map is fine, but does have a bit of a learning curve with the sentinels. and a smart team with enough people could make the sentinel section impossible with link guns and some decent campers...but i havent seen that pulled of yet.

robot factory has a bit of a learning curve too with taking out turrets efficiently...and it might be possible to heal them inifintely...but i havent seen anyone pull that off well either.

Comment

the controls are the exact same for the space fighters as with the any other vehicle except that the space fighters are like underwater/ no gravity so it appears different. I personally hate AS but i like mothership. Also F4 does toggle views in ALL vehicles. Also from what i've read no one has flamed you so why are you being rude?

Comment

Wow so that map is to slow for you and you dont like the controls,to bad.Mothership has to be one of my fav maps ever.True the ships move slow but it seems you dont notice why the must go at this speed.And the controls are just fine dont find anything hard about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X