Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS-Mothership is ****!!!

Who designed this trash?

It is the worst map in the game and makes use of the worst vehicles I've ever seen in ANY game.

Why in the hell did you people decide to make one vehicle that operated unlike anything else in the game? The controls are abominable, and I think someone went out of his way to make it a pain in the *** to figure out.

There's no changing the point-of-view, unlike every other vehicle in the game.

The field of view of the space sequence is what exactly? A fish eye on *** trip kinda thing you thought was cool? What's with all the warping forward and backward? What in the hell did you want--to give people severe motion sickness? Why not make every other vehicle in the game warp around randomly, too--so the ENTIRE game sucks, and not just the one map?

And do you realize players can't see what in the hell they're shooting at? Unlike any other space sim I've ever seen, you don't know if you're hitting anything, until you get a message you killed someone.

"You killed Malcolm."
    "I did? How in the **** did I do that? Killed him with what? I can't even see what I'm shooting at!"

I don't know what you guys were thinking. The space vehicles should work like everything else in the game. Instead, you've made it look like some budget console trash that has no business being on a computer hard drive.

AS-MotherShip is a black eye on an otherwise fine game. Please do something about it, like take it out of the **** game.

*Tosses flame-proof suit to teh roxxors* Oh boy, are you gonna need this...

Comment

i love that map.

Comment

No one is forcing you to play it. If you don't like it, play something else. Everybody has maps they hate, but we don't all take it as a personal insult and rant on a forum about it.

Comment

Please see all the other posts about this exact topic before you post ANOTHER one.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's the last Assault map in the single player game.

So, yeah, we're kinda forced to play through it.

And it sucks all the more for it.

Comment

I know a business opportunity when I see one!

*sets up flamethrower tank refill stand*

Comment

Originally posted by teh roxxors
                Unfortunately, it's the last Assault map in the single player game.

So, yeah, we're kinda forced to play through it.

And it sucks all the more for it.
                Oh, so this is a "the game is too hard, please make it easier for me" post? :down::bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by KARRNY
                  Please see all the other posts about this exact topic before you post ANOTHER one.
                  Why would I give a rat's ***? I've got my own opinion, and I want to express it. Sorry I didn't get your permission first.

I think we need a few thousand posts like this one, pointing out the map is ****, so that maybe it can be removed from the single-player game.

IT'S THAT BAD. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE CAMPAIGN.

Comment

IT'S THAT BAD. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE CAMPAIGN.
                    Or fixed... Somehow. Would be a pity to give up on a neat gimmick.

Comment

online its kinda spammy, i have no problems with the maps, just wish people would heal the tank in as-glacial so many times we've had it blow up right at the exit, same goes for junkyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno
                        Oh, so this is a "the game is too hard, please make it easier for me" post? :down::bulb:
                        No, it's the "Designers had their head up their *** and made a lousy map" post. OK?

The game itself isn't too hard. In fact, the entire map doesn't suck--it's just the part outside the mothership that doesn't measure up to the rest of the game. And it doesn't measure up by a LONG shot. They need to rework that portion that it fits within the overarching look & feel of the game--or remove it entirely.

You may like things that suck, but I don't. Sorry if that means I'm stepping on your weenie.

Comment

MotherShip is the ****!!! My favorite Assualt map and I suggest you just get use to the controls. Remember, space bar is your friend... I made a topic like this(topic was better but..) on the 16th of March but after playing this map online I simply love it. The flying isnt the greatest but the other objectives are amazing... I also enjoy the flying

Phamous ~1~

Comment

No, it's the "Designers had their head up their *** and made a lousy map" post. OK?

The game itself isn't too hard. In fact, the entire map doesn't suck--it's just the part outside the mothership that doesn't measure up to the rest of the game. And it doesn't measure up by a LONG shot. They need to rework that portion that it fits within the overarching look & feel of the game--or remove it entirely.

You make like things that suck, but I don't. Sorry if that means I'm stepping on your weenie.
                            the only annoying part of the space fight is the bot's aim imo, for their laser guns. though i wish the ships could do some fancier spin movies/barrel rolls/etc....just because i like fancy movement

Comment

I agree somewhat with the original post. It's way too hard to see things, wether you're in a fighter or a turret.

It's an awesome idea with a half-***** implementation. Not the first time in the history of software development, nor the last.

It was probably something they toyed with at the start of the project, and made the mistake of showing it to a pointy-haired exec at Atari - who loved it and wouldn't let the developers remove it from the final build, even though they insisted it wasn't ready for primetime. I know, I've seen it happen so many times...

Originality: A+
                              Execution: D

Comment

Working...
                              X