Can't Hear Voice Chat - Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Hear Voice Chat - Advice?

I'm not completely sure why, but I have trouble hearing the voice chat during the game.

I see the portrait and hear the music soften, but all I hear is a few stuttering sounds, evidence that someone is talking but I can't hear them. I can sometimes catch bits and pieces, but it is pretty sporadic. This always happens, so it's not just people with poor microphone skills.

I have a SoundBlaster Live! Value card.

Plenty of threads (posts) on this for testing. Can you command bots using instant action ... if not, go to your sound recorder in windows and make sure you can record a file.

Comment

Re: Can't Hear Voice Chat - Advice?

Originally posted by Narcolepsy
      I'm not completely sure why, but I have trouble hearing the voice chat during the game.

I see the portrait and hear the music soften, but all I hear is a few stuttering sounds, evidence that someone is talking but I can't hear them. I can sometimes catch bits and pieces, but it is pretty sporadic. This always happens, so it's not just people with poor microphone skills.

I have a SoundBlaster Live! Value card.
      Turn the voice chat options to: "Better Quality" instead of "Less Bandwidth"

EDIT: Also turn the voice chat volume to the max

~~~YOu can find the voice chatp options, in Audio setup. Then at the bottom right, it has a button that says "edit voice options".

Comment

Working...
      X