Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol.. undertaker that aint even that bad

I played ut2k3 for one month on my old pc becuz my other one crashed
    specs : amd k6-500 256 mb ram - 100 mhz gf2mx400 30 gb hdd.

1on1 godlike bot @ compressed - 5/6 fps if i watched the ground i got like 11/12

Comment

Originally posted by -royal.mAgx*-
      Lol.. undertaker that aint even that bad

I played ut2k3 for one month on my old pc becuz my other one crashed
      specs : amd k6-500 256 mb ram - 100 mhz gf2mx400 30 gb hdd.

1on1 godlike bot @ compressed - 5/6 fps if i watched the ground i got like 11/12
      cpu ~ I have 200 more
      Ram ~ you have 64mb more
      Card ~ Same
      HD ~ you have 24GB more

But its alright for you cause you still had another PC to use(once you fixed it), but I'm sutck with this one, lol:cry:

Comment

Re: All screw it, LOL

Originally posted by undrtakr
        PS> For those that can max out and AVG 70+ FPS......I hate you!
        H8 my guts, then! :weird: :haha: :haha:

Comment

Re: All screw it, LOL

Originally posted by undrtakr

Compaq Presario 5000
          17" COmpaq Monitor
          Windows ME
          6.12 GB Harddrive
          Intel Celeron 700mHz~
          192 SDRam pc100
          PCI 64mb Geforce2 mx400 (OMEGA Drivers)
          DIrectX 9.0b
          WOW, I'm impressed... I wouldn't have believed that directX 9.0b would run on that system

:bulb:

to address the topic... It has been said more than a few times that today's unreal engine is tailored to run at what would normally be considered 'High detail/low performance' settings.

I recall a few stories (not including my own) where the games performance actually improved after adjusting display options to the max.

If Ut2K4 was run with an internal-combustion engine, as opposed to a graphics engine, I would say that it's "powerband" is somewhere in the high-end of the display settings.

If that didn't make any sense to you, that's OK, you can just flame me

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDude
            LG? Whatever, you must make a terrible sniper.

Oh, and how do I benchmark my stuff, cause, if you've read my pathetic excuse for a sig, you understand why I want to. Brag, that is.
            First word that comes to mind.. conceited. Now that that's out of the way, do you seriously think it's easy and possible to be a high-accuracy sniper at 10 frames per second? It really isn't. Wanna know how I know? Because I average the same exact FPS. Only thing I really need though is a new graphics card and more memory.

Comment

maybe if you updated your drivers you will gain one fps ....... or 2.......

maybe if you played at 320x200....

Comment

yeah, I get the same. And my computer is worse then yours. But wait...

yup, new 2500+, 512 mb pc-2700, and a new mobo will be here this friday-saturday

I will still be stuck with my crappy geforce 2 mx 32 mb for a little bit.

But since I might be getting 30-35 fps with these new parts, I guess I will be playing ut2k4 demo for a few hours... ;p

Comment

we should add a paypal donation forum for undrtakr..you know you can get a decent complete system for like $300....

Comment

Hey, if you have UT2k4 you got the Alienware code. Enter the contest at their site for a 1/200,000 chance at an Area 51. If your not 18 use your a relatives name in the entry. I didn;t know a Celeron could run UT 2k4!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger187
                      we should add a paypal donation forum for undrtakr..you know you can get a decent complete system for like $300....
                      lol, add another 0 to that...j/k. seriously, I made a wishlist for some people who don't have a big budget as a wishlist. It's on newegg... http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishLis...VIEW&ID=678498

yup, it doesn't have the soundcard/speakers/monitor/mouse/keyboard to make it cheap. But I am guessing you already have all of that, undrtaker. ;p

Comment

bump

yeah, surprisingly, it was 2 of 5 this morn. And a few hours later, it's 4 of 5! I guess I will be getting it tomorrow.

Comment

Is blanking out the invoice # really neccessary?

Comment

Originally posted by dinwitty
                            maybe if you updated your drivers you will gain one fps ....... or 2.......

maybe if you played at 320x200....
                            1) I use the OMEGA drivers, and they gave me a extra fps when I benchmarked over the official nVidia driver 56.XX(or whatever the highest is)

2) Resolution doesn't affect the fps much, when I benchmarked I avg:
                            800x600 = 13.876 fps
                            &
                            1024x768 = 13.134

SO I jsut use the 1024x768

I treid playing 320x200 in UT2003 demo when I had my old 32mb Radeon 7000, and it didn't help that it gave me an extra frame or 2 cause everybody was a black line unless they were up close

Comment

I know your pain I swear that your skill level will skyrocket as soon as you get a better computer.

I'm still dealing with single digits myself, so like you I just switch up the details really right and enjoy the really fast interactive slideshow, my computer I think works better as a microwave :bulb:

But I'm gonna make another computer that will be excellent make one for yourself sometime, saves a bundle

Comment

Oh man, thats gotta cause headaches, or is it so slow it doesn't :bulb: Building one doesn't ususally cost less, cause you buy better stuff, which is the reason to build it yourself anyways. You can buy a cheaper one, but you get a cheaper one. The pride of doing it yourself with parts you chose after months of scraping thru review sites.
                                "Choose wisely young grasshopper"

Comment

Working...
                                X