All screw it, LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All screw it, LOL

FOr those that don't know I have a well outdated system, and on ONslaght I AVG in the single digit FPS(around 9-10), and that's was at 640x480 with All details on Very Low.

So I just said 'Screw it', if I'm gonna have a crappy FPS, might as well have a little eye candy. SO I turned all my settings to the max-- Normal or High(whichever was the highest you could go on the demo), and turned the res to: 1024x768.

With the new setting I AVG around 8-9 FPS, which is just 1 fps difference, but when your are already in the single digits, that alot percentage wise, lol

----------

Anyways, I'm just writtign this to say that you other people with low performance systems can turn your graphics/details up some, with little affect on your FPS.

I think the res has the least affect on your system, and its most beneficial to turn up. Because before when I was on 640x480 with low details, I would see a "black line" in the distance and I would be like "WTH is that!?" Then when it got like 2 feet in front of me, I would be like: "Oh ****, that's an enemy shooting me!":haha:

I mean don't just go and max out like I did. I just maxed out cause I was gonna have a low FPS no matter what I did, lol Play around with he setting and see with one affects your FPS the most.

Well that's all, bye

------

PS> For those that can max out and AVG 70+ FPS......I hate you!

---------------------

EDIT: Here's my specs, I forgot to include them:

Compaq Presario 5000
    17" COmpaq Monitor
    Windows ME
    6.12 GB Harddrive
    Intel Celeron 700mHz~
    192 SDRam pc100
    PCI 64mb Geforce2 mx400 (OMEGA Drivers)
    DIrectX 9.0b

Max detail, 45 max FPS... And my computer's not even that good :bulb:

Ah well, enjoy the graphics slideshow mate

Comment

Originally posted by Deathboy9000
      Max detail, 45 max FPS... And my computer's not even that good :bulb:

Ah well, enjoy the graphics slideshow mate
      I remember one time the next level was loading, and by the time I loaded, I had already lost the match in ONS- Torlan, lol
      And other times, the match would be half over and I don't get to play the full time

SO now I jsut play on ONS servers where the GOal score is Higher than the deafult 1. I have this server in my Favs that has a 99 goal score, no more loading......for a while.

Comment

Re: All screw it, LOL

Originally posted by undrtakr
        PS> For those that can max out and AVG 70+ FPS......I hate you!
        hey! we payed for it!

Comment

i get 90 fps on my system at 1024x768 at max details

it looks so good and runs great

Comment

Re: All screw it, LOL

Anyways, I'm just writtign this to say that you other people with low performance systems can turn your graphics/details up some, with little affect on your FPS.
            That depends whether it's the cpu or gfx card which is the bottleneck

Comment

Originally posted by NtaC-JoKeR

Same here, but I have all settings on low (never did like that eye-candy).

Comment

Re: Re: All screw it, LOL

Originally posted by dirtydog
                That depends whether it's the cpu or gfx card which is the bottleneck
                I just included my specs in the original post, and I'm 100% sure its my cpu, lol

Comment

Originally posted by NtaC-JoKeR

What benchmark are you using, what map, etc... I get 45ish average in ONS on my system online (second line of fps stats) during the action, so if you;re right about your FPs I should be getting better than that (XP2700+/1G RAM/9800XT). I run at 1600x1200 but lowering res doesn;t help.

Comment

As long as I can have texture detail on high without suffereing I will not upgrade. I love nice textures!

Comment

omg how do you play at 10fps??? :bulb:

i wouldn't be able to stand it

Comment

Re: Re: Re: All screw it, LOL

I just included my specs in the original post, and I'm 100% sure its my cpu, lol
                        I think it is your entire computer in general, being below requirements and whatnot...

Comment

Originally posted by kisk
                          omg how do you play at 10fps??? :bulb:

i wouldn't be able to stand it
                          WEll yeah, it doesn suck

But I adjusted my playing style A LOT, to accomodate for it. Like:
                          ~ Looking towards the ground(to raise fps) before I dodge
                          ~ Use spider Mines, Flak, etc. weapons where I can spam
                          ~ Avoid LG at ALL cost, lol
                          ~ etc.

But what makes it worst is when i go back to UT, I get a high FPS with everything maxed, but then everything seems hella fast, and I have to adjust my playing style yet again.

Comment

LG? Whatever, you must make a terrible sniper.

Oh, and how do I benchmark my stuff, cause, if you've read my pathetic excuse for a sig, you understand why I want to. Brag, that is.

Comment

So.. you're saying I shouldn't even bother running this on the new Pentium 266 computer I just bought...

The guy told me it was the latest and greatest.

Damnable people...

Comment

Working...
                              X