Clear All

ut2004 delayed up to March 31 in Spain

The last info in Spain, ut2k4 delayed up to march 31

my congratulations to ATari

:down: :down:

Re: ut2004 delayed up to March 31 in Spain

Sorry to hear that man.

Comment

Spain isn't the only place being shafted - Australia's shipment of SE is apparently broken, so a lot of them (including mine) have been delayed indefinitely. I think New Zealand is getting them pretty late too.

Comment

voy a escribir en español porque ATARI LA **** ****** DE ATARI ya me tiene los cojones rojos, sobre todo ATARI IBERICA. la excusa del retraso es que la demanda a sobrepasado sus expectativas y tenian que poner a la venta muy pocas unidades..y para eso han preferido esperar a que halla mas unidades del juego.

En casi toda Europa ha salido y a nosotros nos dicen esto, panda de mentirosos, nos dejan sin version DVD ni DVD SE, el precio de la version de 6 cds es de 49,95 € que es la unica que traen, despues os quejais de que la gente se baja cosas por los programas p2p, cosa que no me extraña si tratais tan mal a la gente.

Comment

that blows :down:

Comment

Originally posted by Krige
            voy a escribir en español porque ATARI LA **** ****** DE ATARI ya me tiene los cojones rojos, sobre todo ATARI IBERICA. la excusa del retraso es que la demanda a sobrepasado sus expectativas y tenian poner a la venta muy pocas unidades..y para eso han preferido esperar a que halla mas unidades del juego.

En casi toda Europa ha salido y a nosotros nos dicen esto, panda de mentirosos, nos dejan sin version DVD ni DVD SE, el precio de la version de 6 cds es de 49,95 € que es la unica que traen, despues os quejais de que la gente se baja cosas por los programas p2p, cosa que no me extraña si tratais tan mal a la gente.

Es muy malo.
            La gente en el Reino Unido consiguió el mismo mal tratamiento de ATARI que qué usted está consiguiendo. Conseguimos a juego solamente algunos días después del lanzamiento de los E.E.U.U. sin embargo.
            Me siento muy apesadumbrado para usted en España que tiene este problema. Espero que usted consiga a su compañero del juego pronto.
            Excuse por favor mi español, su no es mi primera lengua, así que puede ser que haga poco sence.

Comment

I should take Spanish.

Comment

Cómo, que no hay versión DVD en España? juaz, vaya panda de bastardos como eso sea cierto.

Comment

Well here in Poland the game'll be available "in the first week of April and by mail order only" which translates to "we'll ship the game out to those who bought it someday between the fifth and ninth of April so if your lucky you'll probably get it someday between the 12th and 16th" . . . I was actually gonna buy the game and everything but now I just don't feel like waiting that long for it so I'll just have to spend my cash on booze and whatnot.

Comment

Hi there,

I'm spanish too and also feel ignored and mistreated as customer.

I don't really know who's to blame. Atari usa? Atari spain? the distributors? the shops? the pope of rome?

I would like to know for sure, but I don't. What I do know is that we have no reliable information about when the game will be out in our country. Heck, we don't even know if the DVD version will ship here, not to speak of the Special edition. The shops keep changing the release date.

I think ut2k4 is not a minor game. Is a long-expected launch, and one would think that distribution of such an important product in videogaming should not depend on random factors. Because I think it doesn't make sense that the game is out in other european countries, even france (our neighbor country) while here in Spain nobody has a clue about what's going on.

There's other issue I would like to point out as well. The translation (spanish translation). In previous versions (UT99, 2003) it sucked bigtime, crappy and ridiculous to the point that many of us spanish people had to switch the installation language to english. I happen to be a english--->spanish translator and I have been lucky enough to work in many important titles, and I can tell you somebody would chop my head off had I made just one of such mistakes in one of the games I've translated. Recently I've read that ut2k4, if installed in spanish, has (among other language bugs) one important bug in the screen where controls are redefined. It seems like something stepped out of place and the columns "control name" / "key" are mismatched so you can't redefine controls properly unless you know where each option goes. Lovely isn't it? No, it isn't. I find this unacceptable, in fact I'll have to see it with my own eyes to believe it because it takes incompetence to new heights.

So to sum it all up, it seems that in some countries like spain, our money is not as good as in others. How curious, specially bearing in mind that the projected prices don't happen to be exactly the cheaper ones.

Anyway the games is great or we wouldn't be discussing this issues. Eventually it will be shipped everywhere and we'll forget about it all until unreal 2005 or whatever. So I don't really know what's the point in posting here... Well I guess it's something we call "derecho al pataleo". Right to complain, let's say... it's all that's left to us, it seems...

Comment

Tengo un toro en mi ano!

Comment

english speaking board :<

Comment

lo siento amigos...

Comment

I don't see why you spaniards are so upset, if you lived a few kilometers to the west (lets say Portugal :P ) you would already be used to this kind of thing.

We're expecting to have the game this friday but it's not the end of the world if we have to wait a few more days (althoung i doubt we'll have to wait).
                            The strange thing is we are getting the DVD version of the game (but not the SE) while you guys don't know if you're getting it or not.
                            Usually we get all the scraps of what the rest of europe doesn't want but it looks like this time we're not going to be the ***-end of europe.

Comment

Spain sucks. Get some balls, then maybe we'll talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X