No announcement yet.

UT2k3 - UT2k4: Texture & Poly Count Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRUFORMâ„¢ is a technology developed by ATI which enables higher-order surface rendering through traditional triangle rendering APIs. In DirectX 8, these surfaces are referred to as N-Patches. In OpenGL, they are referred to as PN Triangles and are accessed through the ATI_pn_triangles extension.

ATi Truform FAQ

Comment

2k4 just looks brighter and shinier

Comment

The question is "how to get truform working on UT2004?" and "what is the section [D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice] doing in the UT2004.ini and what is it used for?"

Comment

Originally posted by [GX]Hammer
          The question is "how to get truform working on UT2004?" and "what is the section [D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice] doing in the UT2004.ini and what is it used for?"
          my question after that would be the advantages and disadvantages of using it in the first place. I don't know if i've ever used the trueform feature set on my video card

Comment

After digging out a bit in google i found out how to get Truform working under D3D.

Just go to the section [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] and change the line

UseNPatches=False to UseNPatches=True

Comment

The environment textures look HORRID though...And I am playing 1600x1200x32 on my RADEON 9800XT. (example would be the "grass" on Training Level: Looks more like a cheap carpet with grassy prints on it than real grass)

Comment

Not all of the games textures are ultra-high res, you know?
                Even with everything maxed out some textures will still be low res.

Comment

Bump Mapping

Bump mapping?

I think it reverts to bump mapping to increase framerates.

Comment

:weird:

UT2004 doesn't even support bump maps

Comment

:weird:

UT2004 doesn't even support bump maps
                      Yep correct. Current builds only contain fake cube mapping.

Comment

It does nothing. It's there because there is another in-development version of the engine that now supports DX9, but UT2004 does not use that version of the engine, so the ini file entry is there just to make the file larger...

Comment

Aw man... Bump mapping is the greatest. But what I really want is a texture switch for up-close views. I'm not sure, but I know a few games that use it, and they're pretty fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDude
                            Aw man... Bump mapping is the greatest. But what I really want is a texture switch for up-close views. I'm not sure, but I know a few games that use it, and they're pretty fancy.
                            which games use it?(bumpmapping) i'd like to see some comparison screenshots..:up:

Comment

Originally posted by FireStorm|NL
                              which games use it?(bumpmapping) i'd like to see some comparison screenshots..:up:
                              Star Wars Galaxies uses bump mapping.

Comment

Half Life 2 and Doom 3 will both use normal mapping. Not exactly bump mapping I think, but it still looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X