Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target Painter & Ion Painter

I have few questions.

1. On map Ons-Crossfire there are both Ion Painter and Target Painter near node #5. So far this is the only map I been able to find Ion Painter on. Are there any other Onslaught maps that have Ion Painter for pickup? I am aware of Target Painter on other maps.

2. What are the exact rules for Target Painter to work. I noticed often the beam wouldnt get a lock for the bomber to arrive and do air strike. Do you have to be specific distance or specifically visible from the sky??? It seems random to when it works and when it doesn't.

3 I noticed that on Ons-Crossfire if you pick up Target Painter first then attempt to pick up Ion Painter it will not work, its like Target Painter takes the slot and you will just keep having Target Painter. But if you pick up Ion Painter first then you can have both at your arsenal at same time, is this a bug?

Thanks for your time.

I take it noone even knows the details of how Target Painter works as in what allows for lock for bombing run to work sometimes right away and other times not?

Comment

The beam only travels so far.

Comment

That's not the only reason, I sometimes was very close to what I tried paining and it wouldnt work, other times it would work on long range, there must be more to it.

Comment

I had that problem yesterday. would paint a node at the same exact spot/distance, and sometimes it worked sometimes not. i think the gun is just buggy

Comment

I used it many times yesterday and I had no problems with the Target Painter.

I do have two questions though:

1.) How do you choose the angle of how the bombs are dropped on to the target? Is it always parallel to the beam I'm using to aim or is it random depending on where the bomber is coming from?

2.) Where is the ION painter on Crossfire.

Comment

The only thing that I noticed was that the target painter did not seem to 'take' unless you held fire and pointed it at a single spot (uninterrupted) for about 5 sec. I always waited until I heard "Warning: Incoming airstrike."

As for crossfire, the only way I've been finding the Target Painter guns is by wasting a whole ONS game in single-player looking for it.

Comment

I think you can paint two or more spots to enter a direction. Do a quick zap to the left, then one to the right and hold until it takes. Seems like the bomber then comes in and drops on that line, but I haven't tested it out yet. Also, you can only paint horizontal surfaces. Try it on the core and you wont get anything, but paint right at the base of the core and it takes. With the ion beam the painter just goes though the core and if it paints behind, that's where it hits. It's kind of buggy.

Comment

The painters need to be aimed at mostly level ground, aiming at a hillside or mesh side wont work.

I always aim it at the flattest point possible.... If you point it any other direction but "down" it wont work.

Its very easy to tell if what your painting at will work or not. Pay attention to the Beam itself, if its going to work the beam will become brighter and thicker, if not it will stay the same.

I beleive the bomber follows the straight line from gun to point no matter the direction. I will be testing that soon.

Im not sure about the problem of picking up both painters...

Comment

Ah, I'll give it a test tonight on Instant Action too. I'll also try if its actually possble to shoot down the bomber cuz AVRils don't seem to lock on...

Comment

Where is the Target Painter on the map DAWN? I can't find it! I even went into single player mode with the bots turned off to search for it but I still can't locate that gun. Help please!!!

Comment

Ion Painter on Crossfire is on same hill temple as Target Painter. Let's say Target Painter is on West side of that temple near statue, go on South side of that same hill thre is another statue there thats where Ion Painter is located. I believe closest node to it is #5.

Comment

Originally posted by darkNRG

1.) How do you choose the angle of how the bombs are dropped on to the target? Is it always parallel to the beam I'm using to aim or is it random depending on where the bomber is coming from?
                          It always comes along the line of the beam.

Comment

Where is the Target Painter on the map DAWN?
                            Bump

Comment

Ok,

i got it,

after searching and searching at the wrong place, i found both near #8 not #5.

Go to the Temple and to the statue.

Comment

Working...
                              X