good news bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good news bad news

First the good- averaging 60-70 fps in deathmatch even online and rarely ever dropping below 50.

The bad- teens in assault 20's in onslaught. Res makes little difference all settings on low gives me about 5 fps

I have an unbalanced system with a 1.8 P4 512 2100 DDR and a 9800 pro 128.

I was considering picking up 512 of ram at lunch today- can I expect much of a difference or should I hold out for a new mother board?

From what I understand even people with the most smokin systems are seeing big drops in AS and ONS. Perhaps I should just live with what I got and stop watching the FPS counter.

Save for the MB, Proc and better RAM. You'll get your moneys worth going that direction.

Comment

The Unreal Engine needs a strong CPU. I have a P4 3.0 and a Geforce 4 TI4600 and have nice fps (50 to 120 @ 1152x864!!!). Dont be fooled and pay hundreds of $/€ for graphic cards (well, you already did). First invest in a strong CPU with a nice Mobo and nice Ram. Alltogether its only something about 400$/€, not much more than those overpriced video cards.

Comment

get a new mobo/amd processer. AMD processers work better for games. They have a higher clock clycle rate then intel processers, which means they are better for pc games. But intel boards are for multi-tasking. Which is why intel boards have higher FSB.

So, get like, a 2500+ or higher, it will run GREAT. And it's pretty cheap online ($80). And don't get more ram, you already have enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanius
          So, get like, a 2500+ or higher, it will run GREAT. And it's pretty cheap online ($80). And don't get more ram, you already have enough.
          can you ever get enough RAM?

Comment

Working...
          X