No announcement yet.

Quick FPS Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(I didn't read the other posts only the first one).

Onslaught is much diffrent from deathmatch, or deathball. Onslaught requires alot of cpu power due to it's meshes/karma. (The vehicles use alot of this) so you have have a better cpu to gain a fps gain. So, if you can, just buy atleast a better processeser if you want to play onslaught with max settings and achieve good fps.

edit: and I noticed, your videocard is the bottleneck. Get a radeon 9600 pro for atleast $150, or try to get the 9800 pro for $200. You will get like, 30-40 more fps.

Comment

Originally posted by .InSanE.
      Buy a new CPU.
      Well I have a 2700+ thats defective so I have to try to warranty it from AMD. It wont hold a constant CPU speed. One bootup it will be reconized as a 2700 and another it will reconize it as a 1500mhz Duron :cry:

Seems strange that the demo runs perfect on the Geforce 3 and the retail runs way slower, even with the new video card.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanius
        (I didn't read the other posts only the first one).

Onslaught is much diffrent from deathmatch, or deathball. Onslaught requires alot of cpu power due to it's meshes/karma. (The vehicles use alot of this) so you have have a better cpu to gain a fps gain. So, if you can, just buy atleast a better processeser if you want to play onslaught with max settings and achieve good fps.

edit: and I noticed, your videocard is the bottleneck. Get a radeon 9600 pro for atleast $150, or try to get the 9800 pro for $200. You will get like, 30-40 more fps.

buy a new processor? bro, that would be a waste right now, going from a 2.66 to a 3.4 at best? i can just overclock it to 3 ......... I just wanted to know if i was in normal range, wasnt complaining or anything.

And actually i am running on above average settings. at a 1024x768x32 res.

Also i am planning on upgrading the GFX as i said, but im waiting to see the new nvidia and ATI boards first.

Comment

Working...
        X