Having a bad day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a bad day?

Everyone has them. Days where even good players end up with -5 at the end of the deathmatch. Share your bad day stories for a laugh.

I had one yesterday. I had to switch teams twice on a CTF game to balance the teams. So now Im back on blue and here comes a guy with the red flag .... gotta kill him. Some 8 rockets later Im like "why wont this sucker die???" Then I suddenly realized .. oh wait he is on my team!!! oops.

Re: Having a bad day?

Originally posted by Derisor
    I had one yesterday. I had to switch teams twice on a CTF game to balance the teams. So now Im back on blue and here comes a guy with the red flag .... gotta kill him. Some 8 rockets later Im like "why wont this sucker die???" Then I suddenly realized .. oh wait he is on my team!!! oops.
    so the moment he capped he switched cause he didn't want to be on the "noob" team which shoots at their own players? :haha:

Comment

I did the exact same thing yesterday. I was on a server that frequently re-mixed teams. I was on red (last time on blue) advanced on a guy and fired so much ordinance that it should have left holes in the ground..... then I noticed that he was on my team.

Thank god for voice chat.... I got to explain my stupidity.

Comment

*shrug*

Unlike some people here, I dont claim to be either a pro or perfect. Im just a guy that likes the game.

Oh and they didnt leave .. I said in voice chat something like "Damnit, I forgot I was on blue!!"

Comment

I had one the other day....couldn't win an onslaught match to save myy life.
          So I took it out on my teammates.
          Buddy: "anyone know where the raptor is?" (for like the upteenth time)
          Me: "forget the raptor and cap a ****in node!"
          Buddy: silence....
          Me: "you sound like a girl, this game isn't for pre-teens (he had a male name)"
          Buddy: silence....

It continued...with me finally realizing i wasn't doing **** by typing and not playing.

Comment

Hehe...sometimes, after playing for a few hours at a time and frequently switching back and forth, I'll forget what team I'm on. Sometimes in the middle of a match.

There's nothing more embarassing than blasting away at your own node for 10 seconds before you hit F1 to double-check.

Comment

Re: Having a bad day?

Originally posted by Derisor
              Everyone has them. Days where even good players end up with -5 at the end of the deathmatch. Share your bad day stories for a laugh.

I think we've all done that a time or two. I certainly have. (Apologies to the guy on AS-Fallencity yesterday - I wondered why he wasn't shooting at the barricade....oops!)

Comment

Torlan.

I was in a flaming Manta, was going to smush someone during my great escape from the enemy base, ended up missing and smashing right into where the enemy Manta spawns. I reverse out, but in my haste managed to clip one of the lamp posts on the way out. This was just too much for my Manta, and everyone got to see the "ThePerfectCore was looking good until he killed himself!" message.

Another one. Not my story, but here goes...

Last night I was playing on a server, Torlan again (different game from above) for old time's sake. I was busying blasting away at a guy, his name was "soapbox". We'd chewed eachother up pretty well when an enemy Hellbender rolls up, fires off a skymine combo, and about 6 Mantas parked out the node just explode outward. I dodged the Manta explosion, but poor soapbox didn't -

"soapbox was looking good until he killed himself!"

What a way to lose your killing spree. TKed in a game where FF is set to 0. :down:

I've had that "omg what team am i" lapse in mid match as well. Pretty embarassing when you try to pancake 3 or your teamates that are linking a node up.

Comment

Yeah, I was playing Severance last night and a Leviathan kept coming from the center node over the hill towards one particular node - I took it down a few times over a couple games.

Then here it comes again and I start pounding the hell out of it but can't damage it.

It's then I realize we've finally taken the center node and my own teammate has driven the Leviathan BACK into our territory for some unknown reason instead of onward towards the enemy held nodes.

It was pretty funny. :haha:

Comment

I have on a few occasions in CTF, ran back to our base from the enemy base, ready to celebrate a cap and wondered why I got no cap when I ran over my flag. Only to realise that I hadn't even picked up the enemies flag, even tho I thought I had it

No wonder my "flag run" home was so easy and I got no cover lol.

Comment

Originally posted by digital ******
                      I have on a few occasions in CTF, ran back to our base from the enemy base, ready to celebrate a cap and wondered why I got no cap when I ran over my flag. Only to realise that I hadn't even picked up the enemies flag, even tho I thought I had it

OMG! Ive done this before too. :haha:

One time on a new map I grabbed the flag and got away with it, ran like hell through the corridors back to my base ..... but ... no, that is the enemy base .. I had run in a circle.

Comment

Scene: Extremely hot battle on Torlan. Center moutain.

Must get the node... MUST GET THE NODE! Grab the Big Keg and puny armor. No Raptor so get the Manta. One bounce and on that enemy node like flies on horse-pucky... WTF... It's Blue... I'm Blue... JEEZ! I'm on the wrong side of the map.

If nothing else ONS will make the fog of war very understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by digital ******

Lol happened to me too many times *blushes*

Comment

My day gets bad when people comes along and steals(I'm talking about team m8s) my ride I have parked while setting up the node I just capped, that sort of thing just makes me freak out and go berserk on the ****head that did it.

btw seat nr 2 on the Hellbender owns

Comment

List of events:

1) Early game:
                              Smashingcumkings says "hey...u are on my team m8. ffs" at a n00b trying to kill me with..eh, like 15 rockets in a row while i build node. **** n00bs.

2) Early midgame:
                              Smashingcumkings says: "Last one in go blue please"
                              Smashingcumkings says: "Ok, ill switch then"

3) Midgame:
                              Smashingcumkings fires happily at a blue node with Raptor. Haha..noone around. Hmm..This was one tough node! OMG a BLUE player, lets kick some ***! Hmmm..this was one tough n00b i'll say. He doesnt even shoot back! LOL! Hmmmmmm....wait a sec. Blue? *F1* Ah...nevermind then.

From now on ill shut up instead of trying to correct uhm "n00bs"

Comment

Working...
                              X