Headset questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headset questions

I have no experience with headsets, so I have a few questions before I make a purchase.

1. Do I need a headset, or just a microphone? I have an Audigy 2 and Klipsch 4.1 speakers and they sound awesome. I would prefer to continue to listen to the game with my speakers and just communicate with a microphone. I read somewhere that if you get a mono headset that you could still use the speakers?

2. USB or mini-jack? Mini-jack seems to make the most sense to me, since the Audigy's processor would be doing the "work" rather than the cpu, but then I don't have a clue how much "work" is involved here.

3. Brand? Is that a big issue or would any 'recognized' brand do ok?

4. Behind the head or over the head? Moot, if I only need a mic.

I figure lots of people are in the same boat, so good answers here would benefit many.

As the ingame volume is muted when you use the Microphone then there should be no feedback between the Mic and the speakers. Therefore you do not need an headset.

Comment

Which, I might point out was a damned sensible move on Epic's part. Thats the kind of little thing that gets overlooked in the rush to milestones and deadlines and to have it in there really emphasises just what a polished product this is.

Comment

Working...
      X