No announcement yet.

Intel or AMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both processors are good. i would go for amd due to price.

but both processors will give you good performance for what you need

Comment

Well the way I see it... currently if you want the best performance overall and a gaurantee of future improvement at no extra cost.. Then you should be going with the Athlon64 processors. You'll get a speed boost once Win64 XP is out and you upgrade to it.

If you cant afford one of those chips, then your down to 2 options. Either you get an AthlonXP or a P4.

AthlonXP processors are cheaper and generally outperform P4's in the gaming arena, whereas P4's excell at compressing and encoding (winrar, mp3, virtualdub etc).

It all down to what you want in your machine really.

My friend asked me to pick some components for his new computer and I'll be helping him build it tomorrow hopefully. I decided, to go with an AMD option, basically because its more economical and he's plays and makes his own games.

So he's getting..

AMD AthlonXP 2800+
      2x256Mb GeiL PC3200 DDR
      Abit NF7 Nforce2 mobo
      Radeon 9800 non-pro 128mb
      120Gb Seagate 7200rpm 8mb cache

it came to around £400 @ overclockers.co.uk - which i think is a decent price for a good system.

With some very minor overclocking, the 2800+ is going to run at 3000+ speeds and the 9800 non-pro at 9800 pro speeds. Hopefully it'll be a fast a long lasting system .

Comment

Originally posted by iApple
        Think different? Ouch! Never again:down: Maybe with http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ running on it

Comment

Where are you digging this old stuff up from?

Comment

i alway's say'd amd

but last week i had a amd and changed my mind

intel all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by zer0kewl
              i alway's say'd amd

but last week i had a amd and changed my mind

intel all the way!
              Just the kind of well-thought-out reasoning we've come to expect on this forum.

Comment

It doesn't matter

They work or they don't

Comment

Working...
                X