Where's the high quality textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the high quality textures?

The skins in ut2k3 looked better than ut2k4s. Even with ut2k4 maxed out they still look blurred. Don't tell me that I should adjust my driver settings...that's not the problem....So where's the high quality ****?! I want to start making wallpapers but I can't without the high quality textures.

Sorry if this has been asked before...

I seem to notice a difference in the texture quality aswell. Its definately not as good as 2k3.

*edit* Then again, I dont think we have access to the Ultra-High textures yet.

Comment

Well just import the UT2003 skins then.

Comment

Originally posted by squoibymox
        Well just import the UT2003 skins then.
        Awesome idea. Hurrah for the mismatches!

Comment

Hmm, If thats true then that sucks. Epic any response?

Comment

They are the same skins. And they are the same quality. Several threads have come up about this, and each time people have posted screenies comparing the two. They're the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
              Awesome idea. Hurrah for the mismatches!

Comment

2k4 has a differerent 'look' to me... I see what you're saying about the skins, but I don't think they look any worse, it's just everything looks somehow different.

Comment

If you actually try to use the 2k3 skins with 2k4 then just try the textures, don't mess with the ini files because you'll probably get the missmatch or just restrict yourself to play Onslaught standing up.

Comment

ya ive noticed that the models arenet that good looking as i remember them max aa and af highest settings =/

Comment

ut detects your video ram
                      Id think if you dont have a 256 mb card,it wont allow you to use the high res textures
                      Even if you could bypass this in the ini,it would crash

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancer
                        Id think if you dont have a 256 mb card,it wont allow you to use the high res textures
                        Wouldn't it just use system ram? That's what AGP aperture is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancer
                          i got a 256 card how do i enable them?

Comment

they are enabled, its called "highest"

Comment

I think anyoen who thinks the skins look worse are on crack and need glasses. Serious, I even feel the animations look more fluid with the new models as well as the older models. The skins themselv look very crisp, and I like the way the lighting is on all the models now. it looks very nice and clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X