Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for EVGA GTX 980 nVidia Surround with 3 monitor setup on UT2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for EVGA GTX 980 nVidia Surround with 3 monitor setup on UT2004?

I have the new EVGA GTX 980 GPU with nVidia Surround Gaming with that will support 3 x (1920 x 1080) monitors. UT2004 won't work on all three monitors properly (to achieve 5760 x 1080 resolution). I tried this site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R478dUrpaVg

and a couple of similar ones out there but nothing really worked as good. Sure I can have all three screens work but the images are so big it makes me nauseous (as everything is that much bigger) and so I just use the one screen. Too bad, because I found a fix for UT3. I wish something was out there for UT2004 that actually works. That's why I'm here, to ask for the help.

The reason why I wanted to play UT2004 again. About 6 years ago, I had a system built that had 2 high end ATI GPU's (don't remember what models they were), and had 3 x 1600x1200 monitors and purchased a triple-head-2-go monitor converter to make all 3 monitors work perfectly to get 4800x1200. Gaming on those three monitors on UT2004 was amazing; very much like this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R478...VVhKOR5GAdl59A

Again, I look forward to any help out there. Thanks…

I'm running 3 1920x1080 monitors as well, and encounter the same problems, there are a few options for the HUD, you can set the HUD scaling to 0.333333, which will set the HUD elements to the correct size in the center monitor. There is also a mutator out there that tweaks the HUD size for widescreen/surround resolutions. I also use the console to enable cheats and set my FOV to 150. The biggest problem I have (and still haven't found a solution for) is that you can barely see the weapon, only the very top of it, if at all, depending on what weapon. I know for UT3, which suffers the same issues, the Flawless Widesceen app fixed that issue. I really don't know anything about the UDK, but I'm guessing that could be fixed tweaking the weapon code. If anyone would have knowledge of what/where that might be that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by boleje View Post
      I'm running 3 1920x1080 monitors as well, and encounter the same problems, there are a few options for the HUD, you can set the HUD scaling to 0.333333, which will set the HUD elements to the correct size in the center monitor. There is also a mutator out there that tweaks the HUD size for widescreen/surround resolutions. I also use the console to enable cheats and set my FOV to 150. The biggest problem I have (and still haven't found a solution for) is that you can barely see the weapon, only the very top of it, if at all, depending on what weapon. I know for UT3, which suffers the same issues, the Flawless Widesceen app fixed that issue. I really don't know anything about the UDK, but I'm guessing that could be fixed tweaking the weapon code. If anyone would have knowledge of what/where that might be that would be great.
      What boleje said is very true as that is exactly what's happening to me too (he just put it a different way; actually better). Just to let you know boleje, I have been trying to get in touch with David Rudie (WidescreenFixer.org) and HaYDeN (FlawlessWidescreen.org) and communicated with both of them either through email or on their own forums sites a few days ago and haven't heard anything back from them yet. When I do I will post something on here. In the meantime anyone reading this info that has ANY info to help us with this issue would be greatly appreciated, thank you…

Comment

Originally posted by boleje View Post
        ...I know for UT3, which suffers the same issues, the Flawless Widesceen app fixed that issue.
        Do you by any chance have the plugin for Flawless Widesceen app that you can forward to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled Flawless Widescreen (FW) last night, because I thought something might be wrong with the app (since the icon didn't show up on the desktop) and when I did that nothing updated. Then when I went online the website was down. So without the server being up that UT3 plugin for the app doesn't exist anymore. If you can find that UT3 plugin in your FW somewhere, please let me know. Thanks I PM'd you my email. Again, thanks…

Comment

Working...
        X