Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... was this Cliffy`s idea??

It`s not only Mr. CRRRRRRROOOOOOOOW who can`t do the dodge flip anymore,
    all the male characters that were able doing it back in 2003 simply forgot how to
    make the somersault. This feat now is exclusively reserved for the female skins.
    We man have to do a very inelegant sort of "ape like - put your hands up in the air and wave them around like you just don't care"
    jump. Has this something to do with emancipation? What is the msg Cliff is trying to give us? That man are clumsy morons who can only move spastically
    while women are elegant, agile moving beings??Is Cliffy's new girlfriend responsible for this?Did she force him to do it by threatening him with cohabitation deprivation or what??
    I want my somersault back. Guy's !!! we have to stick together on this one.

Another thing beyond human logic is epics ut2003 style mutator. How could they ship ut2004 with this obviously not working thing?
    If it is not working then leave it out. Did THEY actually test their mutator?
    Or was it a joke? I am puzzled and not really sure whether to be mad or amused.

Mbwana

PS.: Apart from the two things just mentioned, I think ut2004 is fantastic. If they get the ut2003 style thing to work properly
    so that we can get the nice and fast movement style of 2003 back (yes... 2004 seems a bit slow to me when it comes to movement/action)
    then I would even forget about the flip- thing. Ahhh... almost forgot....the portraits look kind of trashy with their low resolution quality compared to what it was like back in 2003. It definately has some charme though ... just a thought.... whatever. I really don't want to be picky. Hey!!!...I am truly in love with the UT series, I really am.

Re: So... was this Cliffy`s idea??

Originally posted by Pannemann
    all the male characters that were able doing it back in 2003 simply forgot how to
    make the somersault. This feat now is exclusively reserved for the female skins.
    We man have to do a very inelegant sort of "ape like - put your hands up in the air and wave them around like you just don't care"
    jump. Has this something to do with emancipation? What is the msg Cliff is trying to give us? That man are clumsy morons who can only move spastically
    while women are elegant, agile moving beings??Is Cliffy's new girlfriend responsible for this?Did she force him to do it by threatening him with cohabitation deprivation or what??

Another thing beyond human logic is epics ut2003 style mutator. How could they ship ut2004 with this obviously not working thing?

Mbwana
    Uhh... :weird:

If you remember the original UT, only the female characters could do flips. The Skaarj did rolls, not quite like flipping. Women are more agile and nimble, it only makes sense. I'm guessing your questions about this are supposed to be humorous, I don't think they are.

As for the UT2003 mutator, don't have the game. Can't comment on that.

Comment

Re: So... was this Cliffy`s idea??

Originally posted by Pannemann

Mbwana

PS.: Apart from the two things just mentioned, I think ut2004 is fantastic. If they get the ut2003 style thing to work properly
      so that we can get the nice and fast movement style of 2003 back (yes... 2004 seems a bit slow to me when it comes to movement/action)
      then I would even forget about the flip- thing. Ahhh... almost forgot....the portraits look kind of trashy with their low resolution quality compared to what it was like back in 2003. It definately has some charme though ... just a thought.... whatever. I really don't want to be picky. Hey!!!...I am truly in love with the UT series, I really am.
      There is a modified 2003 style mut out already that works PERFECTLY.

Search the forums for boost dodge dilemma and you should find the thread.

Comment

Re: Re: So... was this Cliffy`s idea??

Originally posted by yewnuhtee

If you remember the original UT, only the female characters could do flips.
        Wrong, many (most?) of the males could flip.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: So... was this Cliffy`s idea??

Originally posted by shokazulu
          Wrong, many of the males could flip.
          Name some...

Comment

male commando.....heck even Xan does flips.

Comment

Women are more agile and nimble, it only makes sense.
              Yeah. I'm a guy. I can't quite flip. I do thump quite nicely when I try, though. Heh.

Comment

Women are more agile and nimble, it only makes sense.

That might be true. But the point I wanted to make was that your statement did not make sense to the epic guy' s when they were coding 2003. I mean 2004 has all the same characters of 2003 only that the males who are the same now move differently. What was the reason they changed it? There was no need for it at least I can't remember any complaints about this special jumping behaviour
                It was perfect like it was or does anybody like the new dodge jump better then the flip??
                The juggernauts on the other hand do make flips when wall dodging.
                It was so nice to have all those different jump styles. Now it gets more monotonous. Girls do this, guy's do that - period.

Mbwana

Comment

yeah right
                  ppl can double jump ffs
                  so dont come up with the argument that women are more agile then men so its only logical that men cant flip and women can :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by YAWA YLF
                    yeah right
                    ppl can double jump ffs
                    so dont come up with the argument that women are more agile then men so its only logical that men cant flip and women can :bulb:
                    Yes, I am right.

Yeah, they also have big guns.

It is logical. I'm not saying that is THE reason. I said it makes sense. Take some english classes, read a dictionary, then come back to me when you think you know what you're talking about.

Public Service Announcement: Stop worrying about the **** cosmetics of the game people. It's about shooting, kill or be killed, be evasive or stand like a sitting duck. THE GAME IS NOT ABOUT WHAT POSSIBLE SEXIST CHANGES WERE MADE TO IT.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: So... was this Cliffy`s idea??

Name some...
                      brocks team and the raw steel did (if i can remember correctly)

dodge forward

Comment

I guess they decide that men jumping like girls looked ...ummmm, girly?

Comment

Women are more agile and nimble, it only makes sense
                          Men are stronger. We should get more health then.

Honestly, bring back the flips. It's so much cooler looking than the flailing that they do now. If not, what about Skaarj? They seem much more agile than any human woman, but they still wave their arms around like idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Valjiin
                            Men are stronger. We should get more health then.
                            Too bad this isn't an RPG.

Comment

Yes, I am right.

Public Service Announcement: Stop worrying about the **** cosmetics of the game people. It's about shooting, kill or be killed, be evasive or stand like a sitting duck. THE GAME IS NOT ABOUT WHAT POSSIBLE SEXIST CHANGES WERE MADE TO IT.
                              well back to vector graphics then or what?
                              I mean what kind of statement is that??
                              Are you one of those hardcore purists playing at 640 * 480 all details set to ultra low, skins = one color super bright??
                              For me at least the looks and feel(movement) of ut, ut2003 and now ut2004 was what distinguished the ut series from all the other boring shooters.
                              You talk about unnecessary cosmetics?
                              I'd say it's specially these cosmetics that make it worthwhile playing, at least for me. You know.... it's the little things that make the difference.

Mbwana

Comment

Working...
                              X